2021 Octoberfest - Pa - Z 50mm/2.8 MC micro on a Z50 or Z6 or Zfc Day 31

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
And this one has a great low level angle that allows you to see the indentations and & variations on the stems.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Wow - that's nice! You have me rethinking my Christmas list. I was going to get a 20mm, but now...? I think I may go with the 50!

And this one has a great low level angle that allows you to see the indentations and & variations on the stems.
So pretty and that perspective from a low angle really is great for this -- gets us close and able to really admire the details on these guys!
I appreciate you getting down for these low-angle shots. The tones in this one are perfect.
I like how you get under the tops to show the ground there.
I love the sharpness of the foreground and fungi and the softness of the background. You did this one perfectly. What f-stop and focus step width are you using?
definitely one of the best of the series with the angle of view you chose.
Nicely shot Jim.
Wow - that's nice! You have me rethinking my Christmas list. I was going to get a 20mm, but now...? I think I may go with the 50!

Thanks, all. I carry a kneeling pad in my backpack to facilitate getting low, and I take advantage of the flip-out LCD of the Z6 to frame the shot and set up focus-shift shooting.

Lyndee, I'm very pleased with the 50 MC and intend to use it as a general-purpose 50mm.

Terri, these were shot at f/5.6. With focus stacking you can get everything of interest in sharp focus while blurring the background.

Day 15

Ageratum
_JZ68347_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm in Alabama for a family gathering until late Monday, so my usual subjects are not available to me. This is a wild blooming shrub I found in the woods on our family property.

Last edited:
Day 15

Ageratina
View attachment 1691287
I'm in Alabama for a family gathering until late Monday, so my usual subjects are not available to me. This is a wild blooming shrub I found in the woods on our family property.
That's a beauty, Jim. It reminds me of one that popped up in my KS backyard way back when: I think that one was called Blue Mistflower.

Latest threads

Top Bottom