2021 Octoberfest - Pa - Z 50mm/2.8 MC micro on a Z50 or Z6 or Zfc Day 31

Z6
50mmZ6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

or Z50
50mmZ50.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe it's October already and the garden is still green.

Day 1
_JZ67673.jpg

I posted the beginnings of this garden back on May 16th.

Last edited:
That's downright lush—almost tropical :)

Frankly, I am quite surprised it looks so green still

Looks like you and Mrs. T. have done a great job to ensure that.

All the credit goes to the Mrs.

And still productive I see. I would need a greenhouse.

Yes, I picked some tomatoes for lunch just a little while ago.

Did you note that basil "tree" ...the light green plant in the big pot on the right?

Everything looks just lovely, and yep, as though we were still back in early September rather than already in October! This last month was definitely warmer than usual and of course rain here-and-there kept everything nice and moist, too. Neighbors across the lake from me have a tomato plant on their deck and it's been giving them tomatoes for a while now, with no signs of stopping. Gee, you are all set with the tomato and the basil.....got some mozzarella in the fridge? You can pull together a nice Caprese salad! :)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
very nice! A big contrast to our gardens, only green left are our fall crops like Broccoli, a few beans, and our front yard annuals. (pics soon of those annuals)

Green indeed! Trees haven't changed hardly at all in our neck of the woods either.
very nice! A big contrast to our gardens, only green left are our fall crops like Broccoli, a few beans, and our front yard annuals. (pics soon of those annuals)
We are benefiting from longer lasting "summers" for growing season in mid-Atlantic. Lovely corner of your deck, Jim!

Thanks, folks.

We benefit from the elevation of our site on the mountain, believe it or not. On still, clear nights the cold air settles down in the valley below us. The overnight low temperature down in town (700 feet lower) is often 10º lower than up here.

Caprese rocks! But you need good mozzarella, quality oil, balsamico... and for a change, feel free to add different types of salt, pepper, oregano sometimes, citric tastes...

Great to have such a lovely corner that enriches the table, also. I was unlucky, about every tomatoe rotted off the bush. So wet, this summer...

Beautiful colors - can see the tomato plant still producing. A few autumn colors starting to show in the back ground.

Caprese rocks! But you need good mozzarella, quality oil, balsamico... and for a change, feel free to add different types of salt, pepper, oregano sometimes, citric tastes...

Great to have such a lovely corner that enriches the table, also. I was unlucky, about every tomatoe rotted off the bush. So wet, this summer...
Absolutely: a sprinkle of excellent freshly-ground black pepper, a selection of really, really good mozzarella, high-quality oil and of course nicely aged balsamic vinegar....... Often I skip the oil and just give my Caprese a light dose of Balsamic vinegar and for the heck of it because I love them so much, I'll often toss in a handful of Kalamata Olives..... Oh, dang, now I REALLY want a Caprese salad but don't have all the ingredients!

Absolutely: a sprinkle of excellent freshly-ground black pepper, a selection of really, really good mozzarella, high-quality oil and of course nicely aged balsamic vinegar....... Often I skip the oil and just give my Caprese a light dose of Balsamic vinegar and for the heck of it because I love them so much, I'll often toss in a handful of Kalamata Olives..... Oh, dang, now I REALLY want a Caprese salad but don't have all the ingredients!
Ja bravo... I'm hungry. Well, in the mood for Caprese. With the best mozzarella of course.

Ever used an olive oil with lemon, and fleur de sel? Big pyramid rocks of salt? ...

I have a picture idea ;)

Latest threads

Top Bottom