2021 Octoberfest - Pa - Z 50mm/2.8 MC micro on a Z50 or Z6 or Zfc Day 31

Day 25
Be Alert for Bears*
View attachment 1692130
Today we explored a new trail system on the edge of town. This is the view that greets you as you enter the main trail.

I plan to do another thread on these trails in the Miscellaneous forum.

* Original image here.

Looks like another wonderful spot for walking.

Day 26
The Tower
View attachment 1692189
Not much to say about this. A cairn constructed by unknown individuals just off the trail I frequently walk caught my eye today.

Neat stack, great colors. Looks a bit tippy.

Day 27
Students hanging out at the War Memorial
View attachment 1692269

Stately Memorial. Wonderful light.

Day 28
Chamberlain Trail
View attachment 1692385
This is just another of my cliche' hiking trail photos. We led our hiking group today on favorite trails at a Nature Conservancy property where I am a trail monitor.

It's a fairly challenging hike; only a bit under four miles but with 600-foot elevation gain in one half-mile stretch.

I was the token male in our group of 9.

Beautiful.

Day 29
Composite Stone
View attachment 1692461
Found this on the forest floor. If there are geologists in the audience I would appreciate an explanation of this type of formation.

Very cool.

Day 30
The Transition
View attachment 1692586
On Day 1 I posted a photo of our "garden" on the deck. It was lush and green then, as were the trees. I promised another photo at the end of the month. This view shows the still partially green garden and the Fall foliage behind.

There are still green tomatoes on the plants and a few ripe ones. With below freezing temperatures forecast for later in the week, they will have to come in soon.

Can see the changes, the trees most of all. Beautiful leaf colors.

This is a truly beautiful and breathtaking scene -- wow! A wonderful image to wrap up your participation in this Octoberfest! I've loved seeing all the various mushrooms -- had no idea that there was such a variety -- and all of your other shots as well. You live in what is truly one of the most spectacularly scenic parts of our state and it's been really nice being able to see the environment you enjoy every day!

Many thanks, Connie. I do feel fortunate to live here.

Beautiful beautiful scene.

It's a wonderful journey that you took us from D1 to D31, beautiful mushrooms and beautiful countryside.

Thanks, Phil. It's been a pleasure for me, too.

Gorgeous way to end the month!

Thanks, Tim.

Outstanding images, Jim! Great work each day! And I love the last one!

Many thanks, Karen. We would love to see you participating next year.

Wonderful shot Jim.

Thanks, David.

What a scenic shot! Perfect ending to the month. I enjoyed your nature shots and the fungus that is among us, but we never pay attention to - you highlighted it well!

Thanks, Paul.

Great shot! What a gorgeous sky!

Thanks, Paul. It was actually cloudy, windy, and chilly all day until the sun broke through briefly as I passed this scene.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Jim,
you've shown excellent pictures of your homeland.
I got a completely new expression Virginia.

Thank you for participating this year
Klaus

Latest threads

Top Bottom