Critique 2021 Octoberfest - Palouse (Nick) - Nikon Z6/7, 50, f/1.8S. DAY 16

DAY 1

We're at our sons house in Salt Lake City (we leave tomorrow and will spend night in Boise with our daughter; home on Sunday). These Yews in his small back yard have intrigued me for the 2 weeks w've been here, and today the sun was in the right place at the right time—or was it that I was in the right place at the right time? Pacific Yew, I believe.

Day1003.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DAY 1

We're at our sons house in Salt Lake City (we leave tomorrow and will spend night in Boise with our daughter; home on Sunday). These Yews in his small back yard have intrigued me for the 2 weeks w've been here, and today the sun was in the right place at the right time—or was it that I was in the right place at the right time? Pacific Yew, I believe.

View attachment 1690096
Well done. Nice splash of red among the dark green.

DAY 1

View attachment 1690096
... and the lens delivered. It is insanely sharp, but does backgrounds well, despite being sharp.

Given everything going on in the frame, needles and sharp edges, it's turned out beautifully soft where needed.

Wonderful colors, I think the amount of the red splash is just right.

Real Name
Ken St John
Wonderful shots and very well captured!!

Coincidentally, a few weeks ago I was at a lumber yard looking at some live edge boards. Some were Yew and they are very interesting looking. large bits are orangish in color. I passed on them, because the owner said there's a possibility of posionious transfer if I used the board for anything edible, and that's always a possibility for my projects.

Ken

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom