2021 Octoberfest - Phil K - Leica Q2M 28mm F/1.7 - Oct 31 - Day 31. Project completed!

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
You came up with an interesting photo, and the butterfly's head and antennae look quite sharp.

Ohhh...this is beautiful! Really, the B/W is a nice refreshing change from the usual butterfly shots. Well done, Phil!

I like this, and you've caught the butterfly at an unusual angle and of course the B&W treatment is different in and of itself!

Nice contrast between the white flowers and dark butterfly. Another fabulous dark and moody shot!

Much different than a typical butterfly shot - perfect for the challenge that is Octoberfest. Really fine detail, especially for 1/50 sec!

I like your exposure and post processing choices.

The calm before the storm…

Although one might typically have the butterfly occupy most of the frame, your image does a nice job showing the context, which is important.

Who would have thought BW butterfly shot, Phil! Nice.
Thank you everyone. The butterfly is challenging, but also fun.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Day 13 - this is my most risky post

Strong wind and heavy rain all day, going out was impossible. Looking around home for something interesting and also calling for Yoda. Finally found Yoda relaxing in the study, with SWMBO. She would kill me if she find out I posted this.

M1000566 copy.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Day 13 - this is my most risky post

Strong wind and heavy rain all day, going out was impossible. Looking around home for something interesting and also calling for Yoda. Finally found Yoda relaxing in the study, with SWMBO. She would kill me if she find out I posted this.

View attachment 1691069
I'll take $1000 is small unmarked bills, please...(I'm not asking for much...) :D

Lovely photo of the ones who must be obeyed...!

Playing catch up ...Wonderful street images of the city under and approaching storm. Really love the deserted lobby wall of Day 9 - must be quite strange to have no one around in such a populous city.

Day 10 - love he softer contrast and treatment of Yoda, always did love when we would come home and the kittens (kittens even after 15 years) would climb into your lap and snooze.
Day 11 - Nice love the crystal clear skies of a clearing storm . The Q2M definetly reproduces that feeling with great detail and dynamic range. Brilliant white in the cruise ship and buildings and softer darker reflective tones under the bridge.
Day 12 - Great detail and a difficult subject to capture especially with a WA lens. Love the crisp detail, evidenced in the head and several of the white star shapped flowers, but still not crunchy very smooth.
Day 13 - This is where the Q2M shines. Wonderful capture and luxious tones. Oh and my shipping address for the Q2M is...and your secret is safe with me!

12 - definitely different, I'd not have thought to try a butterfly shot with 28mm.

13 - excellent candid, catches both in a relaxed/ happy state.

Images I see from the M are definitely not helping my GAS. The airshow next month is going to be interesting. There may be some major gear changes. Just don't know exactly which direction things are going to go. Since release, those dang Monochroms have been like an itch I haven't been able to scratch. Pretty sure I don't want to go down that rabbit hole.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Your secret is safe.
Thank you Wade!

Aw, what a sweet picture of the two of them! She looks happy and content, and Yoda is definitely in his element! I like your wife's t-shirt, too! :)
Thank you! We were the first group to get the vaccines and we wore the T shirt to motivate others.

Don't know how I missed your butterfly shot until now Phil but I have to say it works surprisingly well in mono.

Re your wife's pic, you'll just have to take her out to dinner if she finds out.
Thank you very much. I hope dinner is enough.

I'll take $1000 is small unmarked bills, please...(I'm not asking for much...) :D

Lovely photo of the ones who must be obeyed...!
Do you accept monthly instalment?

Playing catch up ...Wonderful street images of the city under and approaching storm. Really love the deserted lobby wall of Day 9 - must be quite strange to have no one around in such a populous city.
Thank you very much!

12 - definitely different, I'd not have thought to try a butterfly shot with 28mm.

13 - excellent candid, catches both in a relaxed/ happy state.

Images I see from the M are definitely not helping my GAS. The airshow next month is going to be interesting. There may be some major gear changes. Just don't know exactly which direction things are going to go. Since release, those dang Monochroms have been like an itch I haven't been able to scratch. Pretty sure I don't want to go down that rabbit hole.
Thank you very much. I was eyeing the monochrom for quite some time then the local camera shop gave me an offer that I could not resist.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
THat's the place to be on a dark and stormy day!
Yes indeed

Gutsy move, Phil!
Octoberfest is meant to take risks, right?

Day 10 - love he softer contrast and treatment of Yoda, always did love when we would come home and the kittens (kittens even after 15 years) would climb into your lap and snooze.
Day 11 - Nice love the crystal clear skies of a clearing storm . The Q2M definetly reproduces that feeling with great detail and dynamic range. Brilliant white in the cruise ship and buildings and softer darker reflective tones under the bridge.
Day 12 - Great detail and a difficult subject to capture especially with a WA lens. Love the crisp detail, evidenced in the head and several of the white star shapped flowers, but still not crunchy very smooth.
Day 13 - This is where the Q2M shines. Wonderful capture and luxious tones. Oh and my shipping address for the Q2M is...and your secret is safe with me!
Thank you very much and LOL.

Your secret is safe with me! Very relaxed and not posed! Sweet capture.
Thank you very much!

I promise thatI'll never tell that you'd shared this exceptional photo with the Café, Phil.
Thank you very much!

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Day 14

I'm still alive!

Continued to find ideas at home and came up with this, to honour Chris.

M1000592 copy.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom