2021 Octoberfest - Phil K - Leica Q2M 28mm F/1.7 - Oct 16 - Day 16

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Day 10

Typhoon is moving away and weakened, but there is still some wind and rain. Staying at home and reading, Yoda came over for afternoon nap in his favourite position. To fit the mood, I tried a softer tone.

View attachment 1690783
And I bet you dared not move your hand, LOL!!

I love this photo of Yoda!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Day 11

Typhoon has gone and we are enjoying very good weather. I have a busy schedule today but still have to take a small break to go to harbourfront to enjoy some sunshine. Light was challenging and I think the camera handled it very well.

Believe it or not, another typhoon is approaching and weather will get worse again tonight.

View attachment 1690850
I think the lighting is splendid and it moves your eye from the front of the image all the way back to the buildings in the rear. Nicely done!

Stay safe, Phil!!

10 - always love the Yoda shots, wonderful photo.

11 - enjoy the good while you have it, hopefully the next round of bad isn't very bad.

Real Name
Phil
You did right to enjoy your weather break Phil. It's that time of year! Stay safe.

Good job gettin, while the gettin is good! Looks like you dealt with the high dynamic range well.

Good job on the exposure, Phil. Highlights and shadows both retain detail.
Thank you guys. The rule with a monochrome camera is to watch the highlight. We can always pull something out of the shadows but blown highlight is unrecoverable.

Real Name
Phil
Phil, this is stunning. The B/W treatment fits perfectly and the lighting is excellent. This is fine work!

And I bet you dared not move your hand, LOL!!

I love this photo of Yoda!

I think the lighting is splendid and it moves your eye from the front of the image all the way back to the buildings in the rear. Nicely done!

Stay safe, Phil!!
Thank you Lyndee. And I really appreciate you made the effort to go back to previous days' entry and commented.

Real Name
Phil
Day 11: that exposure is so well done—right on the nose. Hope you get to enjoy the nice stuff before you get hit by wind/rain again.

Phil, you found a good subject for posting despite the weather challenges. Another nice example of the power of the Leica.

Hunker down, and stay safe.

Beautifully shot image and it captures the environment so nicely, giving us a sense of the harbor and the buildings and roads around it. B&W works perfectly for this kind of shot!

Challenging contrasts but your exposure was spot on.

Yoda is a real cutie. Nice portrait. The bridge looks to be in nice weather...for now. Stay safe if the weather turn rough.

Great bridge shot, and a restful yoga, life is good!

10 - always love the Yoda shots, wonderful photo.

11 - enjoy the good while you have it, hopefully the next round of bad isn't very bad.
Thank you everyone for your kind comments on this and previous ones.

Real Name
Phil
Day 12

Here we go again. Fortunately I didn't have a lot of patient today so I finished work early with re-scheduling of non-urgent consultations and went home beating the weather and the traffic. I made a short visit to the park next to my office hoping to catch something interesting. The wind was picking up and it started to rain after 10 minutes or so. I noticed some butterflies having meals before the storm arrives. I had all the wrong gear for butterfly shots, and the wind was blowing and the butterflies were flying all the time. This is the best I could get and though it's not up to normal butterfly capture standard, I would like to post it as Octoberfest is meant to trying different and new things and pushing the limit of the gear and the photographer.

M1000508 copy.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Day 12

Here we go again. Fortunately I didn't have a lot of patient today so I finished work early with re-scheduling of non-urgent consultations and went home beating the weather and the traffic. I made a short visit to the park next to my office hoping to catch something interesting. The wind was picking up and it started to rain after 10 minutes or so. I noticed some butterflies having meals before the storm arrives. I had all the wrong gear for butterfly shots, and the wind was blowing and the butterflies were flying all the time. This is the best I could get and though it's not up to normal butterfly capture standard, I would like to post it as Octoberfest is meant to trying different and new things and pushing the limit of the gear and the photographer.

View attachment 1690973
Ohhh...this is beautiful! Really, the B/W is a nice refreshing change from the usual butterfly shots. Well done, Phil!

Real Name
Andy
Yoda came over for afternoon nap in his favourite position. To fit the mood, I tried a softer tone.
I like your exposure and post processing choices.
another typhoon is approaching and weather will get worse again tonight.
The calm before the storm…
I noticed some butterflies having meals before the storm arrives. I had all the wrong gear for butterfly shots,
Although one might typically have the butterfly occupy most of the frame, your image does a nice job showing the context, which is important.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom