2021 Octoberfest - Phil K - Leica Q2M 28mm F/1.7 - Oct 31 - Day 31. Project completed!

Phil,
I've missed commenting on so many. I'm so sorry. Things have been busier than I previously anticipated and I haven't had much free time. But the photo with the cat sleeping on your arm is really beautiful. You know I have a soft spot for cats and yours is so beautiful. I'm so sorry you are having more storms but am glad you are staying safe. I really liked the photo of your butterfly on the flowers. In my mind butterflies and flowers are so colorful that a color image is usually best, but this one is very appealing in black and white. The flowers look so so delicate and pretty without the distraction of color. The photos you have taken indoors are also a wonderful glimpse into your every day life. I will admit that I've posted a few photos of Greg and the would kill me for as well, so your secret is safe with me. Stay safe!!

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Another typhoon survived. Woohoo! Also, a nice abstraction of the plant.

Great subject. Chris is indeed everywhere!

Yes, a great choice of subject.

Oh, that's lovely -- rich tones and gradations, plenty of texture, too -- very nice choice and a nice way to honor Chris!

Chris would surely approve, just as I do!

Phil,
I've missed commenting on so many. I'm so sorry. Things have been busier than I previously anticipated and I haven't had much free time. But the photo with the cat sleeping on your arm is really beautiful. You know I have a soft spot for cats and yours is so beautiful. I'm so sorry you are having more storms but am glad you are staying safe. I really liked the photo of your butterfly on the flowers. In my mind butterflies and flowers are so colorful that a color image is usually best, but this one is very appealing in black and white. The flowers look so so delicate and pretty without the distraction of color. The photos you have taken indoors are also a wonderful glimpse into your every day life. I will admit that I've posted a few photos of Greg and the would kill me for as well, so your secret is safe with me. Stay safe!!

the texture really comes through....I can see how the Leica earns it rep.

Now Chris would proud of this; that I know, for sure! Well shot, Phil!
Again thank you for your kind comments.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Day 15

Again looking for inspiration at home. I promise, I will go out tomorrow.

My apartment is very old so we have to do some maintenance of the outer wall and the pipes. They set up scaffoldings for the workers working outside. This is from my kitchen window, looking out to some of the bamboo sticks of the scaffolding. I shot through the window screen because it's a bit difficult to open, and I kind of like the effect.

M1000603 copy.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like the effect too and it's good to see bamboo scaffolding up close again. Like Andy, I've always thought it looked a bit rickety, yet it has been in use throughout SE Asia for many, many years. Good use of natural materials but I personally would hesitate to climb it.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Day 15

Again looking for inspiration at home. I promise, I will go out tomorrow.

My apartment is very old so we have to do some maintenance of the outer wall and the pipes. They set up scaffoldings for the workers working outside. This is from my kitchen window, looking out to some of the bamboo sticks of the scaffolding. I shot through the window screen because it's a bit difficult to open, and I kind of like the effect.

View attachment 1691219
Funny that you posted this. When I first visited HK, I saw bamboo scaffolding while on my way to Stanley Market. It surprised me because our scaffolding over here in the US is so different. I was wondering how sturdy the bamboo would be until I saw the workers moving along quite easily. For me, as a first time visitor to HK, I was amazed.

This is a great capture and it brought back some wonderful memories for me. Thanks for posting this!

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
That bamboo scaffolding used everywhere in Hong Kong has always looked a little shaky to me.

I like the effect too and it's good to see bamboo scaffolding up close again. Like Andy, I've always thought it looked a bit rickety, yet it has been in use throughout SE Asia for many, many years. Good use of natural materials but I personally would hesitate to climb it.

I love these lifestyle shots. How interesting that Bamboo is used for scaffolding. This is a really unique and captivating photo.

Scaffolding of any kind scares the dickens out of me; I'd rather pay Lyndee to climb one in my stead!

Moody and mysterious shot.

Great image. Very artistic and organic.

Very interesting shot and subject! I had not known about the bamboo scaffolding -- this Octoberfest has been very educational! The B&W really suits this subject, capturing a sense of work in preparation!

Funny that you posted this. When I first visited HK, I saw bamboo scaffolding while on my way to Stanley Market. It surprised me because our scaffolding over here in the US is so different. I was wondering how sturdy the bamboo would be until I saw the workers moving along quite easily. For me, as a first time visitor to HK, I was amazed.

This is a great capture and it brought back some wonderful memories for me. Thanks for posting this!

I would never have guessed the subject of this image, great story and image.

I'd never have figured this out either, Phil. Shooting through the screen makes the image more gritty - well done.
Thank you very much. Bamboo scaffolding is an amazing and unique technology and I am glad I can show you one up close.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Day 16 - careless rider

As promised, I went out today. In fact, I went out right before sunrise for my Saturday morning bike ride. I stopped and watched the light emerging from behind some dark clouds. Another rider might be too immersed in watching the scenery and forgot to watch where he was going.

M1000627 copy.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 16 - careless rider

As promised, I went out today. In fact, I went out right before sunrise for my Saturday morning bike ride. I stopped and watched the light emerging from behind some dark clouds. Another rider might be too immersed in watching the scenery and forgot to watch where he was going.

View attachment 1691319
A real "Leica" image and a nice find. Well done Phil.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
A very unique shot, but think this is your second best, prefer first bucket shot. Although the birds add to this nice image.

Real Name
Andy
I went out right before sunrise for my Saturday morning bike ride.
Another rider might be too immersed in watching the scenery and forgot to watch where he was going.
This is a very strong photograph, and I really enjoy it. A great deal of activity is both explicit and implied in it. Very nicely done.

Latest threads

Top Bottom