2021 Octoberfest -Terri French-Player Level with Z50 or Z6 with 35 1.8 DX, 50 f1.8 S, 85 f1.8 S, or 105 f2.8 micro - Day 24

Day 13-14 , Like the striations of white, orange and green on the pumpkin and the also the excellent shot of the snow standing in for the petals of the flower.
Sorry to hear about your mom, but it is so nice that she has you and your sister nearby.

Caregivers are my hero's; always have been, always will be.

Love the snow shot—light and delicate, yet powerful. Pumpkin is ever so cheerful—and perfect for the meme, part summer, part fall!

Take care Terri.

The pumpkin and the ice on plant are both exceptional images.

And congratulations on the successful blood drive.
Thank you, Phil. The purse was found, so I feel better this afternoon.
Both photos are very nice, Terri, and so is the "bonus shot!" Dementia is such a cruel disease, isn't it? I hope that someone somehow finds your mother's purse, which will ease her mind..... She may have absently tucked it Into an odd place "for safekeeping" and then promptly forgot where that place is. Check all the places that the purse couldn't possibly be.....and it might show up! Or, it may have somehow gotten into the trash bin or recycling bin and then been discarded when that was collected?
We have checked everywhere for the purse. We think that she must have thrown it away on Sunday and it went out with the trash on Monday morning.
I was wrong. The purse was found. Mom had an appointment card in her purse for her cardiologist. The finder contacted the cardiologist to get a contact number for mom. We are so happy for her!
Wonderful photos, and I'm so sorry to hear about your mom - what a stressful situation!
Thank you, Lyndee. It's a long complicated story, but the purse was found today. I'm very relieved.
Nicely captured!
I wish I could create images like this! Mine look like deer caught in headlights!
Thank you so much. Sometimes mine have a deer in the headlight look as well.
I really like your striated pumpkin, Terri. and I'm beaming good wishes up to you and your Mom.
Thank you. Mom's purse was found today. We are all very happy about that. Hopefully she will relax a bit.
Three wonderful images. Prayers for you and your family as you support your mom.
Thank you, Andy. We need all the prayers we can get.
Day 13-14 , Like the striations of white, orange and green on the pumpkin and the also the excellent shot of the snow standing in for the petals of the flower.
Sorry to hear about your mom, but it is so nice that she has you and your sister nearby.
Thank you. I’m glad you liked my photos. I’m glad I live close by to help my mom. She is an amazing person who tries so hard to be independent.
Caregivers are my hero's; always have been, always will be.

Love the snow shot—light and delicate, yet powerful. Pumpkin is ever so cheerful—and perfect for the meme, part summer, part fall!
Thank you, Nick! I’m definitely not a hero. But I adore my mom. My heart breaks for her frustrations.

Oh, Terri, YAY, YAY, YAAAAAY!!!!! I am so happy that your mother's purse was found and that someone was kind enough, thoughtful, quick-thinking enough to contact the cardiologist's office to then make a connection with your mother or you guys and to be able to return her purse!!!! WHEW!!!! I'll bet she was so, so happy and delighted to have it in her hands again! I KNOW you and Greg and everyone else in the family are just so relieved and happy that she has it back again, too.

One reason I mentioned the possibility of her maybe having put the purse in a strange place for "safekeeping" was that one time my father, who suffered from Lewy Body Dementia, apparently decided that the safest place for his wallet was in the refrigerator. Another time he stashed it behind some shelving in the garage...... Needless to say it wasn't long following situations like these that it was clear to everyone involved: my mother, who had been trying to care for him on her own, me, their only child, living several hundred miles away, and my parents' primary care physician, that he needed more supervision that was feasible at home, and although my mother was hesitant at first, what seemed like a feasible opportunity came up when she needed to be in the hospital for surgery -- my father was admitted, too, for "observation...." which we thought would keep him safe while my mother and I dealt with her health situation. To make a long story short, he developed hospital-acquired pneumonia....... The old saying, "pneumonia is the old man's friend" sort of felt true in this particular situation, but everything was very difficult all the way around. My mother came home alive from the hospital; he did not.

Oh, Terri, YAY, YAY, YAAAAAY!!!!! I am so happy that your mother's purse was found and that someone was kind enough, thoughtful, quick-thinking enough to contact the cardiologist's office to then make a connection with your mother or you guys and to be able to return her purse!!!! WHEW!!!! I'll bet she was so, so happy and delighted to have it in her hands again! I KNOW you and Greg and everyone else in the family are just so relieved and happy that she has it back again, too.

One reason I mentioned the possibility of her maybe having put the purse in a strange place for "safekeeping" was that one time my father, who suffered from Lewy Body Dementia, apparently decided that the safest place for his wallet was in the refrigerator. Another time he stashed it behind some shelving in the garage...... Needless to say it wasn't long following situations like these that it was clear to everyone involved: my mother, who had been trying to care for him on her own, me, their only child, living several hundred miles away, and my parents' primary care physician, that he needed more supervision that was feasible at home, and although my mother was hesitant at first, what seemed like a feasible opportunity came up when she needed to be in the hospital for surgery -- my father was admitted, too, for "observation...." which we thought would keep him safe while my mother and I dealt with her health situation. To make a long story short, he developed hospital-acquired pneumonia....... The old saying, "pneumonia is the old man's friend" sort of felt true in this particular situation, but everything was very difficult all the way around. My mother came home alive from the hospital; he did not.
That is a sad story. Dealing with dementia is incredibly tough isn’t it?

Terri, Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Bravo on recovering the purse. Keep up with the photos if you can. We all look forward to your images and updates and wish the best for you and your family.

Day 15

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement. Another rough day. Mom is still not doing well. I have a lot on my mind right now. Greg and I had planned to go out shooting photos tonight, but I was just too tired. I did manage to get a shot of the cat playing with a houseplant today. This little kitty makes me happy and is definitely a bright spot for me. I wonder how the whiskers above her eyes got the curls in them. Hopefully tomorrow I can get out of the house and take some photos. It would do me good!!

_DSC2243.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Heart goes out to you regarding your mom. Love the pumpkin shot, snow shot, and this kitty playing is also so sweet. Do not worry about obligations here, we understand.

13 - lovely subtle pumpkin colors.

14 - wonderful shot with the dusting of snow.

15 - beautiful kitty shot.

Terri, sorry to hear about your Mom's issues, Dementia and Alzheimer's are horrid issues.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom