2021 Octoberfest -Terri French-Player Level with Z50 or Z6 with 35 1.8 DX, 50 f1.8 S, 85 f1.8 S, or 105 f2.8 micro - Day 24

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Winter Storm Advisory here today with possible 1-4 inches. It has already been snowing a little. We went to the garden early this morning to pull out the rest of the carrots before they get snow covered. I'm not ready for winter yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't have snow photos to share tomorrow!!

View attachment 1690913
Love this photo! Earthy and colorful at the same time!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Thank you all for the comments about my carrots. It's a good thing I got them harvested. Last night about 10:00 it really started snowing. We had the craziest snowstorm I ever remember in October. We woke up to a huge amount. I measured it on my deck and it said 10.25". We had an early appointment so my photo taking was very limited. But I did love the way my yard decoration looked with all the snow on it.

View attachment 1691021
Wait, did you say 10.25 inches of snow? In October??? :eek:
~~crosses Idaho off the list of potential retirement destinations...~~

Day 9 - May be cold but I'm sure those warm smiles keep you feeling warm and cozy. Beautiful girls. Loving the look of that 85 S.
Day 10 - Beauty... my they are growing.
Day 11 - my what a haul. Any that we would have planted would have been devoured by the rabbits and deer who see to have taken ownership of our lot.
Day 12 - Very nice exposure ...white but you have retained texture in the snow. One of the reasons moved south from Boston. Love early mornings after a big snowfall, everything is so quite. However hate when the plows come out and start spreading sand and salt creating a dirty slushy mess. But October is still too early for snow.

I have to make a disclaimer here. This week has been crazy and I so apologize for not being able to make comments on everyone's posts. My mom has moderate dementia. She still lives on her own, although we make sure she has food and is cared for. She doesn't drive any more and we make sure she gets out of the home for appointments, shopping, church, and eating out. She is so worried about losing her purse. She guards it with her life. On Monday she lost her purse. Greg and I spent three hours helping her look for it with no luck. It still hasn't been found and she is very distraught about it. So, it has taken lots of time to work on that issue. Yesterday, Greg and I were hosts for a Red Cross Blood Drive at our church. We were there all day. It was very successful so that was a positive. Today I am trying to catch up. I was able to take quick photos both days and will work on getting everyone's posts looked at as soon as I can. Caring for both of our mothers is a great privilege but at the same time is very demanding and often discouraging. This has been one of those discouraging weeks because we are trying to determine what is best for everyone. Mom seemed happier today so I am feeling some relief. She doesn't understand that her credit card is cancelled and no one can charge on it. But hopefully she is moving past it and won't remember soon that it is lost. Dementia is a heartbreaker for sure!! My sister is caring for mom today....so I get a rest which will be much needed.

Day 13
I love this unusual pumpkin that I bought at the pumpkin patch.

DSC_0079-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 14--It's snowing again today. I sure wish fall could return for a few more weeks. But the snow is beautiful.

_DSC2239-Edit.jpg

Bonus photo which doesn't fit any of the criteria for the meme. Hope you will indulge me. (The blood drive...our goal was 35 units and we actually had 45 units collected so we are very excited about that.)

1634229050481.jpeg

Real Name
Phil
Take care Terri.

The pumpkin and the ice on plant are both exceptional images.

And congratulations on the successful blood drive.

Both photos are very nice, Terri, and so is the "bonus shot!" Dementia is such a cruel disease, isn't it? I hope that someone somehow finds your mother's purse, which will ease her mind..... She may have absently tucked it Into an odd place "for safekeeping" and then promptly forgot where that place is. Check all the places that the purse couldn't possibly be.....and it might show up! Or, it may have somehow gotten into the trash bin or recycling bin and then been discarded when that was collected?

Both photos are very nice, Terri, and so is the "bonus shot!" Dementia is such a cruel disease, isn't it? I hope that someone somehow finds your mother's purse, which will ease her mind..... She may have absently tucked it Into an odd place "for safekeeping" and then promptly forgot where that place is. Check all the places that the purse couldn't possibly be.....and it might show up! Or, it may have somehow gotten into the trash bin or recycling bin and then been discarded when that was collected?
We have checked everywhere for the purse. We think that she must have thrown it away on Sunday and it went out with the trash on Monday morning.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Wonderful photos, and I'm so sorry to hear about your mom - what a stressful situation!

Day 9

I have a couple of special visitors today. Greg is on a refresher course for the ski patrol he participates in, and my granddaughters wanted to keep me company. It's very cold and wet outside today.

View attachment 1690732

I wish I could create images like this! Mine look like deer caught in headlights!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom