2021 Octoberfest -Terri French-Player Level with Z50 or Z6 with 35 1.8 DX, 50 f1.8 S, 85 f1.8 S, or 105 f2.8 micro - Day 31!! Wahoo!!

Day 16...I so appreciate all of you and your nice comments. Thank you for looking at my submissions. Today was a very good day. Mom was doing better. The snow is mostly gone and the weather is beautiful. Greg and I went out for a little drive around town to give me a chance to look for photo opportunities. We went to an older part of town with a lot of trees. We met this nice man who was riding his bike so slowly with his dog in front. He said that the dog belonged to his wife who died last June. He said, "Now it is just me and the dog." I didn't want to ask if I could take his photo, so I snapped one as he rode away. He was a very sweet man.

_DSC2258-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 16...I so appreciate all of you and your nice comments. Thank you for looking at my submissions. Today was a very good day. Mom was doing better. The snow is mostly gone and the weather is beautiful. Greg and I went out for a little drive around town to give me a chance to look for photo opportunities. We went to an older part of town with a lot of trees. We met this nice man who was riding his bike so slowly with his dog in front. He said that the dog belonged to his wife who died last June. He said, "Now it is just me and the dog." I didn't want to ask if I could take his photo, so I snapped one as he rode away. He was a very sweet man.

View attachment 1691382
All those leaves ... yummy :D

All those leaves ... yummy :D
I'm glad the snow we had earlier in the week melted so we can enjoy the leaves.
A wonderful autumn scene with all the colorful leaves -- and I think even if you had not told us the story of this man and his dog that something in the image would've rather suggested his sad loss anyway......rather a poignant photo, this is.
Thank you, Connie.

DAY 17 AND 18

When I was a little girl my grandmother lived close to the public library. Mom dropped me off at the library often. Then, I would walk to Grandma's house with my books after visiting the library. I was a prolific reader. The old library has been replaced with a new one and the old building is now a museum. But the sign on the door to the children's section is still there. I loved seeing it and bringing back happy childhood memories.

_DSC2263.jpg

Day 18

A beautiful mail box.

_DSC2251.jpg

Sorry, I didn't have notifications set on your thread. Will try to catch up now...

Day 7

I try to take my images a day ahead. That's how I roll..... I don't like pressure. Yesterday was my oldest daughter's birthday. Some of us had lunch together to celebrate. I love using my Z50 as a little take everywhere camera. The 35 f1.8 dx lens that I have works perfectly on it with the FTZ and still makes a small, light setup.

View attachment 1690577
Nice group shot to remember the event.

Day 8

Thank you to those who commented on the Day 7 post of my daughters.

I'm sorry I'm behind on commenting on everyone's photos and comments. I promise I will catch up soon. Greg is working so hard getting ready for winter that I need to be a helping hand to him.

View attachment 1690647
Nice perspective of Greg working on the window.

Day 9

I have a couple of special visitors today. Greg is on a refresher course for the ski patrol he participates in, and my granddaughters wanted to keep me company. It's very cold and wet outside today.

View attachment 1690732
Super shot!

Day 10

I have failed to get out and shoot anything today. I'm going to use an extra shot from yesterday--just to participate. I'll hopefully shoot something tomorrow and catch up on everyone's submissions then as well.

My granddaughter working on an art project.
View attachment 1690829
Nice portrait.

Winter Storm Advisory here today with possible 1-4 inches. It has already been snowing a little. We went to the garden early this morning to pull out the rest of the carrots before they get snow covered. I'm not ready for winter yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't have snow photos to share tomorrow!!

View attachment 1690913
Great closeup shot. The carrots look yummy.

Thank you all for the comments about my carrots. It's a good thing I got them harvested. Last night about 10:00 it really started snowing. We had the craziest snowstorm I ever remember in October. We woke up to a huge amount. I measured it on my deck and it said 10.25". We had an early appointment so my photo taking was very limited. But I did love the way my yard decoration looked with all the snow on it.

View attachment 1691021
Fabulous shot! Unbelievable weather though. Wow!

I have to make a disclaimer here. This week has been crazy and I so apologize for not being able to make comments on everyone's posts. My mom has moderate dementia. She still lives on her own, although we make sure she has food and is cared for. She doesn't drive any more and we make sure she gets out of the home for appointments, shopping, church, and eating out. She is so worried about losing her purse. She guards it with her life. On Monday she lost her purse. Greg and I spent three hours helping her look for it with no luck. It still hasn't been found and she is very distraught about it. So, it has taken lots of time to work on that issue. Yesterday, Greg and I were hosts for a Red Cross Blood Drive at our church. We were there all day. It was very successful so that was a positive. Today I am trying to catch up. I was able to take quick photos both days and will work on getting everyone's posts looked at as soon as I can. Caring for both of our mothers is a great privilege but at the same time is very demanding and often discouraging. This has been one of those discouraging weeks because we are trying to determine what is best for everyone. Mom seemed happier today so I am feeling some relief. She doesn't understand that her credit card is cancelled and no one can charge on it. But hopefully she is moving past it and won't remember soon that it is lost. Dementia is a heartbreaker for sure!! My sister is caring for mom today....so I get a rest which will be much needed.

Day 13
I love this unusual pumpkin that I bought at the pumpkin patch.

View attachment 1691132

Day 14--It's snowing again today. I sure wish fall could return for a few more weeks. But the snow is beautiful.

View attachment 1691133

Bonus photo which doesn't fit any of the criteria for the meme. Hope you will indulge me. (The blood drive...our goal was 35 units and we actually had 45 units collected so we are very excited about that.)

View attachment 1691134
Another great shot with the pumpkin! Nice composition on the snow. Kudos on the blood drive. My mother in law had Alzheimer’s and we have seen dementia with parents of friends. It's really challenging for care givers...my heart goes out to you.

Day 15

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement. Another rough day. Mom is still not doing well. I have a lot on my mind right now. Greg and I had planned to go out shooting photos tonight, but I was just too tired. I did manage to get a shot of the cat playing with a houseplant today. This little kitty makes me happy and is definitely a bright spot for me. I wonder how the whiskers above her eyes got the curls in them. Hopefully tomorrow I can get out of the house and take some photos. It would do me good!!

View attachment 1691312
Cute! Hopefully, you can get out for some distraction, shooting photos.

View attachment 1691382
Very nice candid and story.

Real Name
Andy
I would walk to Grandma's house with my books after visiting the library.
Wait... you didn't roller skate with your dog to Grandma's house (after disobeying the sign at the library)?

Just kidding, of course. Thanks for sharing this wonderful memory!
A beautiful mail box.
Classy bokeh with a classy mailbox. Very nice photograph.

As a retired librarian, I'm sitting here smiling with delight! I love libraries, of course, and it's so neat when other people mention that they do, too, or talk about fond memories they have of libraries from their childhood. :). Love that mailbox, too! Much more interesting than the usual boxes we see standing on street corners (although many of those seem to have disappeared these days).

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom