2021 Octoberfest -Terri French-Player Level with Z50 or Z6 with 35 1.8 DX, 50 f1.8 S, 85 f1.8 S, or 105 f2.8 micro - Day 31!! Wahoo!!

Unexpected company came from out of town. So I will be tied up for a couple of days.

Day 20

A favorite restaurant that is near me.
View attachment 1691776

Day 21

My granddaughter is playing 7th grade basketball. The cheerleaders for the opposing team were fun to see!!

View attachment 1691777
Nice evening shot of that restaurant! I hope that your granddaughter's team won!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Time with grand daughter, well spent!

20 & 21 - nicely done evening shot of the foodie hut, nice gym shot (I remember how dim they were for photos way back when).

Day 22

Thank you all for your comments. And, yes, my granddaughter's team won handily 55-9. I felt sorry for the opposing team. But they had a bright spot. One of their players made a 3 pointer at the final buzzer of the game, which let them leave the game on a high note.

For this shot, I was just playing around with blur. I wanted to see what kind of bokeh balls the 85 f1.8 would make. There is certainly a variety. I imagine shooting through a window could affect them as well.
_DSC2286.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 22

Thank you all for your comments. And, yes, my granddaughter's team won handily 55-9. I felt sorry for the opposing team. But they had a bright spot. One of their players made a 3 pointer at the final buzzer of the game, which let them leave the game on a high note.

For this shot, I was just playing around with blur. I wanted to see what kind of bokeh balls the 85 f1.8 would make. There is certainly a variety. I imagine shooting through a window could affect them as well.
View attachment 1691840
Cute shot of the lights.

Fun bokeh balls! There's enough light and detail in the image, too, for the viewer to see that this was shot while you were in the car and while on the road headed somewhere presumably were not driving!
Thank you. I was definitely not driving and we were stopped at a stop light.

Real Name
Andy
Day 22

View attachment 1691840
This reminds me of Connie's post the other day, i.e., it's way too early for Christmas lights!

Nice shot. Great fun!
Thank you. Sometimes it's just fun to experiment.
Fun shots! The 85 definitely has perfectly round bokeh balls!
They are all much rounder at f1.8
The red lights really jump out.
That's what I was going for.
Great light.

No shots of your granddaughter running the pick? Just kidding - nice framing to show the whole cheer squad in action.

Interesting choice to stop down for bokeh balls. The result is pleasing.
I'll share photos of my granddaughter playing later when I am not using prime lenses. The only long lens I had with me was a slow zoom. As far as the bokeh balls, I was just playing around. I wanted to be able to show that I was behind cars.
This reminds me of Connie's post the other day, i.e., it's way too early for Christmas lights!
Yes it is!!

Last edited:
Day 23

After having four daughters of our own, lots of little (and big) grandsons to love make life so much fun.

DSC_0148-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom