2021 Octoberfest - Wade (Commodorefirst) - Nikon D3S, 500 f4 VR Handheld - Hardcore - Day 16

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
D8, 9, 10, 11 - Great set. Showpieces of how sharp the lens is, and great demonstration of the compression effect of a long tele.
Thanks Phil.
8 - 11 - love how you're doing non-normal tele photos, love the pumpkin shot best of these four.
Yes, that was part of my goal this mon the.
These are really interesting. The marina shot is so unusual. Kudos for that. My favorite is the pumpkin shot.
Thanks Terri, I like the house boat best followed by pumpkins.
Good set Wade. I'm enjoying your progress through the month. My own 300PF has become a favourite for all sorts of things too. I'll not be getting anything bigger though.
I am so looking forward to a wide angle! Lol.
I can't imagine hoisting that beast of lens around for 31 day! Those last three are exceptional in their diversity and sharpness. Looks like your skies have contributed to excellent contrast.
Yes, it is already a chore, :) but the sharpness is something I strive for with tele work.
You've set yourself a difficult task using only 500mm and only handheld. I admire what you have accomplished.

That cell phone tower is really sharp!
Thanks, my arms are getting a workout, have breathe correctly too.
Can't get any better - splendid set, Wade!
Thanks Fannie
Such a nice series documenting your journey.
It was nice, usually when visiting my daughter or other folks, I do not bring the gear.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Day 12, at the local grocery store stocking up on supplies, took a pic of the lawn service inspecting their mowing. Hard midday sun, shot over a paved parking area, around 150 yards away. Really liked his shades and the shirt reflection.

5D946A03-2C8A-411A-9834-B2B109F77C1D.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 12, at the local grocery store stocking up on supplies, took a pic of the lawn service inspecting their mowing. Hard midday sun, shot over a paved parking area, around 150 yards away. Really liked his shades and the shirt reflection.

View attachment 1691038
Perfect candidate to shoot...far enough away to not be noticed, giving a nice candid, and great colors with the subject and background. Well done!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Transformer. ”Only“ 50 yards away from the road, so for the bazooka a close distance. Right before the clouds rolled in. Just a few miles from our farm.

96D8D769-8FE5-443F-BCA6-8ADCCE5791EF.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom