2021 Octoberfest - Wade (Commodorefirst) - Nikon D3S, 500 f4 VR Handheld - Hardcore - Finis - Day31

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
In honor of Chris.

D3s, 500 f4 VR Handheld all the time. I will be processing raw images on the ancient 2005 Dual G5 Power Mac, OS 10.4.2 using Nikon Capture NX from 2008.

Two things, the machine is not connected to the net, so I have to upload the processed jpg image to a flash drive, move it to our newer laptops and then upload to my homepage and cafe.

Several multi day trips are planned in October, so there will be days I may post two or three days at one time when I am back home, but I plan to take an image every day, but because of logistics and being way from home things may take time.

Thanks to my spouse Diane for lens scale modeling, her comment: “this is to heavy.” Snapshot with my last Octoberfest iPad.

BAEFDEE1-EBE1-4E78-891A-A51E9C3DFC0B.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Kudos Wade. I contemplated a 300mm years ago. My mind isn't very imaginative, I realized It wasn't going work for me.

Looking forward to what you do with this.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Kudos Wade. I contemplated a 300mm years ago. My mind isn't very imaginative, I realized It wasn't going work for me.

Looking forward to what you do with this.
My mind is spinning circles right now. lol. We shall see.

Real Name
Paul
In honor of Chris.

D3s, 500 f4 VR Handheld all the time. I will be processing raw images on the ancient 2005 Dual G5 Power Mac, OS 10.4.2 using Nikon Capture NX from 2008.

Two things, the machine is not connected to the net, so I have to upload the processed jpg image to a flash drive, move it to our newer laptops and then upload to my homepage and cafe.

Several multi day trips are planned in October, so there will be days I may post two or three days at one time when I am back home, but I plan to take an image every day, but because of logistics and being way from home things may take time.

Thanks to my spouse Diane for lens scale modeling, her comment: “this is to heavy.” Snapshot with my last Octoberfest iPad.

View attachment 1689915
Wow! And I was worried about trying to figure out shots every day with a 200mm that I'm going to use. You're in for a challenge!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Ok, it is just after midnight. Happy Octuba. (my spouse is also a music major, tuba performance and also music Ed, hence we change the name of the month)

BW conversion, an abstract macro shot from 12.1 feet away, my old G5 aluminum cpu grill. Taken down in my basement with led basement lights. 500mm f4 Iso 800, 1/200 second. 45 degree angle. Has a rather thin depth of field. :) this is about 4” across.

17B45710-B099-4DE7-8090-C856F0B100CB.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
I can't believe you're quickly than me(it's afternoon here and I'm getting ready to go out, with my camera still in the bag). It's a great start.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
I can't believe you're quickly than me(it's afternoon here and I'm getting ready to go out, with my camera still in the bag). It's a great start.
Thanks, I was invoking Chris, and his lovable weirdness. I miss him so. Many pleasant phone and online conversations.

Real Name
Paul
Ok, it is just after midnight. Happy Octuba. (my spouse is also a music major, tuba performance and also music Ed, hence we change the name of the month)

BW conversion, an abstract macro shot from 12.1 feet away, my old G5 aluminum cpu grill. Taken down in my basement with led basement lights. 500mm f4 Iso 800, 1/200 second. 45 degree angle. Has a rather thin depth of field. :) this is about 4” across.

View attachment 1690058
Quick start! It’ll be interesting to see what you shoot with the 500.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Wade,
how many cups of coffee have you consumed to stay awake? :wideyed:

Kind regards
Klaus
I am up late usually every night.

Quick start! It’ll be interesting to see what you shoot with the 500.

yep!

The early bird starts the 'fest! Great shot of the famous cheese grater, especially with the bazooka!
Hey, Like that bazooka nickname.
Great shot!! Tough on my eyes though!! :)

Ken
Yes, it can cause disorientation on a large monitor. Lol
Love this -- both the subject and the approach to it! :)
Thanks Connie
Love the narrow dof.
My reason for the first shot, was like a test to refresh my memory of how the combo behaves. My last use was comet Neowise.
Very compelling pattern of details beginning OOF, then gradually razor sharp, then back to OOF as the eye moves left to right.
Yep, I selected the 45 degree angle just for that reason, Thanks.

Latest threads

Top Bottom