2021 Octoberfest - Wade (Commodorefirst) - Nikon D3S, 500 f4 VR Handheld - Hardcore - Finis - Day31

Closet shot, literally. Our kitchen is 12x20 rectangle, I had to stand with the bazooka in a closet directly across from the stove to image the blue propane flame on our stove. Iso cranked too.

My goal was to be different, abstract and image something unusual. I thought the tight but wide aspect ratio crop added to the Image and brought focus on the flame and reflection.

View attachment 1691748
This works *really* well, Wade. Especially with that monster lens. Had we not known what you were using, I'd never have guessed.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Well I would say you achieved your aims Wade. Actually quite a striking image.
Thanks!
Awesome shot! I agree, it is slightly better than the bucket. Very creative.
Happy to oblidge
Cool or maybe Hot shot (y)
Hot, very hot.
Very cool -- or should I say, hot -- image! Unique in a lot of ways, including the lens with which you shot this! A really neat abstract!
Thanks Connie
Great image, very creative.
Thanks Phil.
Agree that your crop is just right for the subject.
Thanks Andy,
This works *really* well, Wade. Especially with that monster lens. Had we not known what you were using, I'd never have guessed.
Thanks Eric.

Last edited:
Well, the funnies have already been made, I'll just say "nicely done". Without knowing you were shooting a 500, I wouldn't have guessed it.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
I will let the bucket area talk about what this is.

My spouse said image this:

2BB94485-8F34-4EC8-A98B-D18BA96CA0B4.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
And forgot to add, this is a BW conversion, quick desaturation, nothing fancy. Soapstone is the stone behind the metal.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Blushing here......I knew I was bad at musical instrument identification! LOL! I just saw the images and explanation in the Bucket!!! You're such a clever, clever man, Wade!!!! That is brilliant!!!
No worries, having fun today.

Finally. 5th day of trying. Success.

View attachment 1691576
Congratulations!! Beautiful.
D20 No more Butterflies or flowers, whew. After today’s image, I will be changing gears and thinking more abstract for a few days.

A standing shot still life, a few of our recent harvest. These are the same Canada Crook Neck Squash that were hanging in my daughters old dance tights back when I imaged them the first week. To see the larger harvest crop/area please look in the bucket.

View attachment 1691670
Love the colors. I also love squash.
Closet shot, literally. Our kitchen is 12x20 rectangle, I had to stand with the bazooka in a closet directly across from the stove to image the blue propane flame on our stove. Iso cranked too.

My goal was to be different, abstract and image something unusual. I thought the tight but wide aspect ratio crop added to the Image and brought focus on the flame and reflection.

View attachment 1691748
Cool shot.
I will let the bucket area talk about what this is.

My spouse said image this:

View attachment 1691841
My guess is that this is a coaster.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom