2021 Octoberfest - Wade (Commodorefirst) - Nikon D3S, 500 f4 VR Handheld - Hardcore - Finis - Day31

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Showing this to Diane right now, she said there were a lot of bad elementary music teachers in your lives, lol.

It's been a while since I've attended a concert -- prior to the pandemic thing one of the things a couple of friends and I used to enjoy doing was attending the quarterly concerts of the local community band, and I have missed that! You would think, that since I'm sitting there with all those people playing all these instruments right in front of me, that I could tell the differences between them! LOL! Well, I do know a few things, but not as much as one would hope!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
I know. It's a trumpet. ?
Lol
Very cool shot!
Thanks!
Trombone, isn't it? Or trumpet? I'm never sure of the difference! Or, rather then being the actual item, a metallic wall display of one! Very cool!
Good eye regarding metallic!
Diane is going to be so frustrated with my friends.

Blushing here......I knew I was bad at musical instrument identification! LOL! I just saw the images and explanation in the Bucket!!! You're such a clever, clever man, Wade!!!! That is brilliant!!!
Thanks, having a fun day
And forgot to add, this is a BW conversion, quick desaturation, nothing fancy. Soapstone is the stone behind the metal.

LOVE the flame shot! Very creative!
Thanks, this was planned and on a list I made the first few days. I live the blue of propane flame.
Cornet for 5 Alex
the stove top is recognizable but can be interpreted as a spaceship, lamp or other abstract. Very nicely captured especially with the 500!

Ok, I have never played in a band, but is that a flugelhorn ?
Nope, but good effort for an unusual brass reference. :)
Congratulations!! Beautiful.

Love the colors. I also love squash.

Cool shot.

My guess is that this is a coaster.
Thank you Terri, That actually does look like a coaster
It's been a while since I've attended a concert -- prior to the pandemic thing one of the things a couple of friends and I used to enjoy doing was attending the quarterly concerts of the local community band, and I have missed that! You would think, that since I'm sitting there with all those people playing all these instruments right in front of me, that I could tell the differences between them! LOL! Well, I do know a few things, but not as much as one would hope!
We all cannot be expert in all fields.
I happened to look at your photo in the bucket first, so I know what that is. Challenging subject for a 500mm, especially hand-held.
Thanks Jim, for some reason my left arm is growing larger….
An enormous trumpet or an average-sized sousaphone against a 5-in-1 reflector?
Good guess,
Perfect for Octubafest!
That is also Another favorite term of Diane. Happy Octuba and Octubafest. Her students celebrated Octuba every year in her elementary school.
He can be for a scientist. Lol.

Real Name
Andy
Good guess,
I was joking about the giant trumpet, but I did truly think you had silhouetted a tuba against a lighting reflector. I had imagined you standing out in the street with the giant brass instrument sitting on a table in the doorway of your house with the reflector on the far wall. LOL. But now, I have seen the bucket...

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
I was joking about the giant trumpet, but I did truly think you had silhouetted a tuba against a lighting reflector. I had imagined you standing out in the street with the giant brass instrument sitting on a table in the doorway of your house with the reflector on the far wall. LOL. But now, I have seen the bucket...
I was saying good guess regarding sousaphone, similar to the tuba, but I understand how you would have come to the conclusion regarding the reflector.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
A more normal abstract with a conversion to B&W. A bit of filter work too and a fair amount of color correction work on the color image prior to starting the conversion. This was designed to mimic the style of one of my favorite iPad photos from the 2019 Octoberfest that Chris really liked and commented on. Color version and reference in the bucket.

663F56A4-7FAF-49F4-BD06-C787428877F6.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
22 - after viewing the bucket, that is a very cool setup, nice work with the shot.

23 - excellent, great conversion processing as well.

Real Name
Paul
A more normal abstract with a conversion to B&W. A bit of filter work too and a fair amount of color correction work on the color image prior to starting the conversion. This was designed to mimic the style of one of my favorite iPad photos from the 2019 Octoberfest that Chris really liked and commented on. Color version and reference in the bucket.

View attachment 1691928
Well done and creative shot!

Latest threads

Top Bottom