2021 Octoberfest - warth man - D500 + 135mmf2DC - Day 15

Odd one today. Didn't get much chance to shoot anything but found this, just for something different - a neighbour's head! Well, it belongs to him and he has now displayed it on his wall, perhaps to cheer us all up. It appears to be a single piece of stone that someone has sculpted. I should also add that both father and son at this house are stone masons, so there's every chance it came from somewhere they were working.

View attachment 1691003 The Neighbour's Head by warth man, on Flickr
Maybe consider ... moving :eek:

Last edited:
Now *that's* something one doesn't see everyday! Well, perhaps except for you! I'm still chuckling over this one . . .
Just in time for Halloween (if you guys celebrate it there)! Pretty cool looking. Nice find!
Anyone know a good dental surgeon? What an unusual subject, but such a fun one!
A very worthy effort. Your composition conveys the context, and therefore the size very nicely.

Such great depth in this image. It looks like a grand drive.

Yikes! I only made it to this point of the description before the image scrolled onto my screen.
Thanks for the comments. When I next see the neighbour I'll ask about the provenance. I think it's a good bit of fun.

Maybe consider ... moving :eek:
Looks like something you would find under a bridge! Hopefully no resemblance to your neighbor!
Great teeth imaging, very unusual I just say.
Oh, my word, that is a.....strange looking sculpture, to say the least! You've done him justice in the photo, though!
Interesting head that is both funny and spooky at the same time.
These particular neighbours collect all sorts of things, like all those tractors you may have seen in one of my other shots elsewhere in the Café. They can also be practical jokers. I usually enjoy what they do.

Day 7 - Great location, can see myself falling asleep on the bench in the warm sun listening to the stream.
Day 8 - Nice catch to get the ladybug on the poppy, it really stands out against that creamy background.
Day 9 - Brilliant red against the creamy green, also like that blur of orange to add a bit more contrast.
Day 10 - Earthy find among the greens
Day 11 - Lovely countryside. Love the sliver of motorway zigzaging up the pass
Day 12 - Cool sculpture. Beware Troll be there!

Day 7 - Great location, can see myself falling asleep on the bench in the warm sun listening to the stream.
Day 8 - Nice catch to get the ladybug on the poppy, it really stands out against that creamy background.
Day 9 - Brilliant red against the creamy green, also like that blur of orange to add a bit more contrast.
Day 10 - Earthy find among the greens
Day 11 - Lovely countryside. Love the sliver of motorway zigzaging up the pass
Day 12 - Cool sculpture. Beware Troll be there!
Thanks for all the comments John. You've been busy!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
The sculpture sort of reminds of the Fremont Troll in Seattle, Washington!
And the sailboat image is lovely - ohhh yes!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
I like how you added the bouys to the scene…. They really added to the image. I know that dragging and placing them took this nice image and made it sing. Ok, ok, enough fun. Well done.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom