2021 Octoberfest - warth man - D500 + 135mmf2DC - Day 31

Gorgeous!
Thanks Tim.
I love how there is nothing but clouds beyond the valley. The Earth may indeed be flat :rolleyes:
It's a cliff...

Actually, just beyond that crest lies the Kirkstone Inn. Good beer stop. For sale at the moment for around £1.5m.
That's dramatic and moody with a great composition, Ron.
Thanks Eric. Lucky with the sky. It kept varying between totally overcast and similar to what you see here and sometimes to just light cloud. That's the Lakes!
Wow, what a gorgeous, stunning scene! You really do live in a beautiful, beautiful area. You picked the perfect vantage spot from which to shoot this, too.
Thank you Connie. This is about 30 miles from home.
Very scenic pass. You had a dramatic sky too.
Thanks Paul. The sky was changing constantly, so quite a nice day for pics like these.

Day 11. Took a drive into the lakes for the first time in a while. Been too long. This is Kirkstone Pass, looking south from alongside Brother's Water. The prominent lump of rock just off to the right from the top of the road is the Kirk Stone, so-called because it looks a little like a church from a distance.

View attachment 1690866 Kirkstone Pass by warth man, on Flickr
Very cool (y)

For those who are interested, I have an ID for my fungus from Wild Food UK. It is a leccinum, a type of bolete, and almost certainly the brown birch bolete as the patch is growing under a birch tree. In the UK apparently all leccinums are edible and their recommendation is that this one should be cooked, rather than taken raw e.g. in a salad. So I'll be tucking into one at the next suitable meal. Slowly.

Odd one today. Didn't get much chance to shoot anything but found this, just for something different - a neighbour's head! Well, it belongs to him and he has now displayed it on his wall, perhaps to cheer us all up. It appears to be a single piece of stone that someone has sculpted. I should also add that both father and son at this house are stone masons, so there's every chance it came from somewhere they were working.

51582209434_6913a1e63c_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
The Neighbour's Head by warth man, on Flickr

Real Name
Paul
Odd one today. Didn't get much chance to shoot anything but found this, just for something different - a neighbour's head! Well, it belongs to him and he has now displayed it on his wall, perhaps to cheer us all up. It appears to be a single piece of stone that someone has sculpted. I should also add that both father and son at this house are stone masons, so there's every chance it came from somewhere they were working.

View attachment 1691003 The Neighbour's Head by warth man, on Flickr
Just in time for Halloween (if you guys celebrate it there)! Pretty cool looking. Nice find!

Real Name
Andy

Latest threads

Top Bottom