2021 Octoberfest - warth man - D500 + 135mmf2DC - Day 31

Day 26. I rose early and headed out for the spot I wanted to get to yesterday. Nothing like as much traffic because of the time of day but also because it was pouring with rain. Unfortunately that pretty much stymied everything I wanted to do photographically because it didn't stop. So, at the cost of wet camera, lens and photog, here is a small corner of Blea Tarn. The Langdale Pikes, which usually dominate here, are lost in the rain and cloud beyond that ridge.

View attachment 1692165 A Corner of Blea Tarn by warth man, on Flickr

Well, I can feel the rain. Wonderfully done. (Hope you and your gear didn't get too wet.)

Day 27. There is a bit more water in our little trickle of a stream. We have a bit to go to catch up to Niagara.

View attachment 1692244 The Beck by warth man, on Flickr

Nice. Enough blur to convey the movement, not so much it completely blurs out the water.

Day 28. The Swan Family (Robinson?). Two adults and three ugly ducklings, all preening by the Lancaster Canal. Three shots, merged.

View attachment 1692338 The Swan Family by warth man, on Flickr

Nice pano, fun title, love the rock wall and bridge in the background.

Day 29 and, with so few days left in the 'Fest, I thought it would be remiss of me if I didn't at least give you a glimpse of a lake. So here it is - a glimpse of Windermere. I only had to turn back once to avoid going through a flooded stretch of road.

View attachment 1692433 View over Windermere by warth man, on Flickr

Love the layers, good colors, nice moody sky and great light IMHO. Beautiful spot, captured beautifully.

Day 30 and I took a quick trip into town. This was taken from Romney Bridge at the southern edge of Kendal and shows a rather full River Kent having inundated the pathway at right.
Three shots, stitched in LR Classic.

View attachment 1692498 River Kent at Kendal by warth man, on Flickr

Pano works great, I think it conveys the "high water" feel quite well, nice tree colors.

Final day, Day 31, and it's......................................Redeye!

View attachment 1692570 Redeye by warth man, on Flickr

Happy Hallowe'en!

Fun creepy shot for the ending! :cool:

Awesome! Creepy and beautiful at the same time! Well and Congratulations on a great meme!
Thanks Lyndee. No monsters were hurt in taking that pic.
Happy Halloween! I’ve loved seeing your beautiful area this month! Red eye is very creepy!
Thank you Terri. You are very kind, as always.
Loved all of your shots, especially the grand vistas. You showed us how to work with whatever weather gets dealt to you. Cheers.
Thank you Nick. I think I need one of those umbrellas that you wear on your head. It's STILL raining!
Great shots this month Ron! It was good t see how you used the 135DC (something I need to do more of with my 105DC).
Thank you Paul. I now feel the need/want to ring the changes more with my lenses too. It's been a good month for pointers.
That's a scary photo, but I have no idea what it is.

Enjoyed your posts this month!
Thanks Jim - and me yours. The eye is part of a Hallowe'en mask. I put a red light behind it then simply cloned one of the "eyelashes" into the centre of the eye space.
Echoing the sentiments! Excellent finale and have enjoyed your work this month!
Thank you Tim. It's been a fun month.

From the hare to the eye, it has been a great month from you.
Thank you Wade. I enjoyed it. More fun than I thought it might be.
What a haunting image! Mysterious, a bit disturbing and wholly fascinating! Perfect way to end this month's festivities! I have especially loved seeing your beautiful English countryside and the wonders contained there...... Thanks for the virtual journey to your "green and pleasant land"!
Thanks Connie. I'm lucky to live in this area. It was a big plus during lockdowns, which I sincerely hope are now past.
Pano works great, I think it conveys the "high water" feel quite well, nice tree colors.

Fun creepy shot for the ending! :cool:
I really appreciate this Gordon and I've admired your efforts to keep going through everything. Thank you.
Perfect way to wind up, Ron. I've really enjoyed all of those glimpses of your beautiful countryside - in all types of weather!
Thanks again Eric. It wouldn't be the Lakes without a bit of dampness.
Whoa! That's scary... :wideyed: :wideyed: :wideyed:

Thank you for participating the Octoberfest with a great variety of pictures.

Kind regards
Klaus
And thanks to you too Klaus. I appreciate what you folks have been doing for years a lot more now.

Brilliant final image to top off an excellent thread. Nice work this month, Ron.
Thanks Andy. I started looking at "different" lenses yesterday as a result of your month's work. I'll be sure to post pics from whatever I settle on.
I enjoyed your posts. Thanks for sharing the scenery in great, good and not so good weather! Will definitely visit that part of England in the future!
Thanks John. I followed your thread closely ( and enjoyed it) as I may well go back for yet another look at Z cameras and the Z6ii would be the most likely candidate for me. On the other hand, I can now get back to my D750.....

Latest threads

Top Bottom