2021 Octoberfest - warth man - D500 + 135mmf2DC - Day 31

I haven't done one of these before but West suggested I give it a whirl. I'll do my best to provide a shot each day but am due a hand operation that would make things difficult if it happens. Having said that, I was referred for the op in February so the wait may go on... My chosen gear is as shown in the thread title. I had a quick look at all the other choices and tried to find something that was a bit different. It isn't a combination I've used much but we'll soon see what I can make of it. Sorry to leave the entry rather late and cause Krys a bit more listing work. Here is an X100V mono pic of the gear:

51535532098_6da6921b75_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
D500 + 135mm f2DC by warth man, on Flickr

Thank you Andy. Looking forward to it. I just hope we don't all forget CS as most of the contributors to that are going to be here.
Yeah, it's hard to find time to do both, but I will usually try to bring extra lenses, in case I see something that I like, but can't shoot with the O'fest lens, and will use the other lenses and post in the CS. :)

Real Name
Andy
I just hope we don't all forget CS as most of the contributors to that are going to be here
Good point. In the past two years, it was a difficult but enjoyable challenge to follow all of the Octoberfest threads. Staying on top of the weekly CS threads became a second priority.

Yeah, it's hard to find time to do both, but I will usually try to bring extra lenses, in case I see something that I like, but can't shoot with the O'fest lens, and will use the other lenses and post in the CS. :)
Now THAT is Hardcore.

Weather here today has been a mix of high winds and torrential rain broken by sunny spells. I wandered out with the dog and a strong brolly. This is my day 1 image - a hare, but it saw me first and scarpered so you'll have to search for it.

51539072476_12712897a0_h.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
The Hare by warth man, on Flickr

Thank you Andy, Nick and Wade. I was struggling a bit today and just glad I got something. I also have a nice dramatic pic of a cloud that was looming overhead as I got back home. Too close and too big for my Octoberfest combination and I had to use the little Fuji. Am I right in thinking that the "bucket" is just for pics using the declared kit?

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Thank you Andy, Nick and Wade. I was struggling a bit today and just glad I got something. I also have a nice dramatic pic of a cloud that was looming overhead as I got back home. Too close and too big for my Octoberfest combination and I had to use the little Fuji. Am I right in thinking that the "bucket" is just for pics using the declared kit?
Usually Left overs shot using your rig, but the bucket area is more flexible. I use it to show an image before post processing sometimes too.

Weather here today has been a mix of high winds and torrential rain broken by sunny spells. I wandered out with the dog and a strong brolly. This is my day 1 image - a hare, but it saw me first and scarpered so you'll have to search for it.

View attachment 1690075 The Hare by warth man, on Flickr
The hare really was high tailing it out of there. Love the rock wall.

View attachment 1690075 The Hare by warth man, on Flickr

Nice photo. It made me think immediately of a scene from "Il Gattapardo", or The Leopard by Giuseppe di Lampedusa. But of course that takes place in Sicily.

Real Name
Tim
Awesome - little bugger is hard to spot....and for the record your Day 1 photo has given me inspiration for my Day 2 photo....you'll see why tomorrow as there is a bit of a story behind the photo(s) I'll post (one in thread, a few in the bucket).....

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom