2021 Octoberfest - warth man - D500 + 135mmf2DC - Day 31

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Day 21. Went to Kirkby Lonsdale to get pics at Ruskin's View. Unfortunately the viewing area is shut off for safety reasons due to erosion and repairs are "awaited". So instead I went down to the river and wandered along the pathway there until coming to the Devil's Bridge area. Here I found a few folk messing about in small boats. Difficult lighting, being a mix of bright sunshine and deep shadows under the two bridges there, as well as shooting into the sun anyway. This was the best I could do.

View attachment 1691755 Under the Bridges by warth man, on Flickr
Your best picture shown so far.
Very well composed and the colors are magnificent.

Kind regards
Klaus

Nice, interesting seeing canoes being popular in England. I guess that goes back to the HB company.
Thanks West. I think their portability has always made them popular here. I keep looking at them too but have a definite preference for more freeboard.
Beauty....you did well with the lighting....
Thank you Tim.
Beautiful! Excellent composition with the curve of the bridge framing the river and the boats, and lighting is great.
Thank you Phil. To be honest, the framing was obvious as soon as I arrived at that spot on the riverside path. I then got lucky when the kayakers arrived at the far side. Even luckier when a couple of canoeists suddenly appeared from somewhere on the left.
Brilliant image, Ron! Lots to enjoy in this shot -- looks as though it were a great day for messing around in boats! :). The composition on this is wonderful -- fantastic image!
Thank you Connie. It was a good day for it. I must try to find out why the kayaks all avoided the central calmer-looking area of water. I know that one nearly rolled over on the far side of the bridges when it appeared to contact something underwater.
Beautiful light on an idyllic scene.
Thanks Andy.
You did well. The bridges provide nice framing for the canoes and kayaks.
Thank you Jim.
There's so much to like about this, Ron: the canoes in the back and in the foreground; the different shadings of the trees; the arches; and the way you framed and processed it are top-notch.
Thanks Eric. The kayakers and canoeist made the pic for me.
Have to agree with other's comments - excellent job balancing the lighting and various elements.
Thank you Gordon.
Your best picture shown so far.
Very well composed and the colors are magnificent.

Kind regards
Klaus
You're very generous. Thank you Klaus.

What a cool tree! Looks like an eye near the rock. Well done on the shot and patience with the egret.
Thanks Paul. Any time I got within a hundred yards of the bird it was off, even with a wall between me and it too.
A very interesting looking tree and very unique. The egret is a great touch.
Thanks Phil. I agree - I like the tree and will probably revisit this spot.
Wonderful appropriate title for a nice image.
Thank you Wade.
Nicely composed image. Was Bilbo home?
Thanks Andy. Not that I could see. He must have put the Ring on.
Very Shire-like, Ron!
And not an orc in sight! Thanks Eric.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom