$2100 for a used D800

Hi there. Wondering if I can get some words of wisdom from the more experienced folks on this forum.

Would you pay ~$2000 for a D800 body that has seen pro use for a year and has ~60,000 actuations? The body seems to be in very good physical condition.

Thanks for all your help.

I'd use the money towards a new D800 or D800e personally. You have over 2/3 of the money towards a new one that will have zero actuations. AND you'll know what you are getting. That said, if it's a solid camera w/o issues, and you are okay with the shutter count, then $1000 off might save some dough for a lens or two.

I don't know about Canada but right now in the USA they are running a $200 instant rebate
on the D800... I'm seeing them (after instant rebate) selling for about $2600 +/- USD around
the web...

Thanks for the feedback guys. I almost purchased it yesterday but due to a scheduling conflict couldn't go out to meet the seller. I think I will pass this one. I don't need one right now. A new one can be had for about $3000 after taxes. At Christmas it will be about $200 cheaper. Thanks again.

It might be fine, but hard pro use would be hard to judge. Some take care of their equipment, some don’t. I bought a used D800 last month for $2150 with 17k actuations, but it had just come back from Nikon and came with the box and everything as new. Seemed like a good deal to me at the time, and I’m quite pleased with it.

I'd pass on this. Look around FM for a used D800, there are plenty of low actuation ones (~5K) going for 2200-2300 in mint condition. I got mine for $2100 w/ only 11K actuations. It looks brand new!

Thank you again everyone. Yes, I will pass this. I might just end up buying a new one in a couple of months.

You can get a D800 new with warranty for $2800.00 shipped to your door. The D800 is on sale for $200 off through June 1.

+1 on that comment.

Prices in Canada are usually higher even on Boxing days. The cheapest I saw a D800 go for on Boxing day was for $2800 after taxes. At the moment the cheapest I can get it for is $3000 after taxes.

I found a used one which is few months old with approximately 100 actuations on it. The semi-retired person I bought it from was overflowing with different bodies but was shooting with a Fuji and a D700 more often. I was skeptical about the actuations but checked it using different websites and Opanda as well. I paid $2200 for it!

From what I almost bought last week, this is much better. I saved about $800 which I will put towards the Sigma 150mm Macro.

Thanks for all the pointers guys.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom