$2279 for D700 through Adorama just now!!

Don't know what the deal is. Just checking in and I did the cashback search that I've been doing every couple weeks for the past 8 months.

So I searched the cashback site and I'm going through the links to Ritz Camera first. I added the D700 to the cart and it came up for $2999. Heck no on that so I close my browser and open it back up, head over to cashback again, do the search then see near the bottom Adorama except it showed a price of $2616 after the 3%. I click on the link, add to cart and it shows up for $2349. Checked out, bing cashback of 3% and that's my new D700 for $2279.
:biggrin:

Very excited. Bing email just now....

You earned $70.50 from your Adorama purchase on 8/2/2009:

Details cashback
Nikon D700 FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) - Order Yours Today!
Unit price: $2349.95
Quantity: 1 $70.50

Interestingly enough, B&H Photo also sold the camera for about the same price when you added to cart (putting aside Bing for a moment). However, as of today I notice that the $300 rebate comment that use to appear in their description has been remove. B&H is now about $300 higher than Adorama.

So you clicked the right button. You could have selected B&H from the cashback and seen the posted price of $2999 drop to $2699 and still have gotten a Bing credit. But you would have paid $300 more than Adorama.

I looked for B&H but they didn't even come up in the list on Bing of lowest price retailers after the cashback credit.

Checked out, bing cashback of 3% and that's my new D700 for $2279.

Very nice shopping, Ray! And you've already got great fx lenses to go with it! Instead of being normal-to-slightly telephoto, your 24-70/2.8 becomes a great wide-to-normal lens, and your 85/1.4 becomes a very useful head & shoulder lens for individuals or couples. All you need is something for the telephoto range and you'll have an awesome kit!

Note: I found out your name by looking it up your name in your gallery. It'd be a lot friendlier if you put it in your signature block.

Very nice shopping, Ray! And you've already got great fx lenses to go with it! Instead of being normal-to-slightly telephoto, your 24-70/2.8 becomes a great wide-to-normal lens, and your 85/1.4 becomes a very useful head & shoulder lens for individuals or couples. All you need is something for the telephoto range and you'll have an awesome kit!

Yeah, that's a big advantage to already have those full frame lenses in the bag prior to getting a FX camera. :cool:

Note: I found out your name by looking it up your name in your gallery. It'd be a lot friendlier if you put it in your signature block.

Frank -

Thanks. I do have the 70-200 VRII on order.

I added my name to my signature. The "Rays" wheels on my family's website is actually a manufacturer name. :smile:

Don't know what the deal is. Just checking in and I did the cashback search that I've been doing every couple weeks for the past 8 months.

So I searched the cashback site and I'm going through the links to Ritz Camera first. I added the D700 to the cart and it came up for $2999. Heck no on that so I close my browser and open it back up, head over to cashback again, do the search then see near the bottom Adorama except it showed a price of $2616 after the 3%. I click on the link, add to cart and it shows up for $2349. Checked out, bing cashback of 3% and that's my new D700 for $2279.
:biggrin:

Thank you for the heads up on this - as someone that has used MS cashback / Bing and has also been on the lookout for a D700 deal, I felt like this was about the best opportunity, so ordered one as well late last night!!!

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?p=2720710

Has yours arrived yet? I'm EXCITED!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has yours arrived yet? I'm EXCITED!!!!!!!!

Not yet. Placed the order Sunday. My order still shows up as "Pending". :frown:

Hope my extra for 2nd day air doesn't end up being wasted on a couple days to process the order. In the past every order I made with Adorama has gone out that day or the next if the order was placed late in the day. Did they process yours yet?

Not yet. Placed the order Sunday. My order still shows up as "Pending". :frown:

Hope my extra for 2nd day air doesn't end up being wasted on a couple days to process the order. In the past every order I made with Adorama has gone out that day or the next if the order was placed late in the day.

Didn't you place your order on Sunday? If so it should have been processed on Monday. Maybe they're just slow in updating the shipping info. Give them a call at 800–223–2500 and ask for real time status. And if the order fell between the cracks and doesn't ship today, they will normally refund your total shipping costs.

Just called Adorama. Strange response and not what I've experienced in the past. They said the reason it didn't ship was that the product was not in stock. She said they should have received a shipment today and it might go out today or tomorrow. I'm confident when I ordered the product it showed up as in stock.

Not a huge deal as I've held off for so long already. I do however think retailers should always try to avoid selling products in this manner. They list other products as either in stock or out of stock so why would this be any different?

I wouldn't typically order something 2nd day air if they listed it correctly as out of stock.

I do however think retailers should always try to avoid selling products in this manner. They list other products as either in stock or out of stock so why would this be any different?

They probably didn't know. I've done a lot of business with Adorama over the years. Good people, but their inventory management and information systems suck. Seems clear to me the lady you talked to was just guessing. Barring a big price differential, I order from B&H these days. Their inventory and order tracking systems are excellent.

I wouldn't typically order something 2nd day air if they listed it correctly as out of stock.

Pretty shoddy on their part, but at this point, just cross your fingers and hope their phantom shipment of d700s shows up soon. Wait until you receive your, and then call up and demand they refund your shipping charges.

I dont know why don't u just go through ebay where you can get 8% instead of the measly 3% cash back?

Good question. Actually my motivation for not using eBay for this purchase is two-fold.

First, the lowest buy-it-now from a retailer was around $2399. That included a bunch of junk accessories that like "Simsumi Memory Cards". Take 8% off and that would get me to $2207. A $72 savings. Then you get to the fine print. "Due to extremely low prices we do not list this product as having a US Warranty. All defective equipment is covered for a year and must be sent directly to us...."

Second, I don't think any of the online retailers for ebay allow Bill Me Later to be used. I have a bonus coming September 15th. That's going to pay this off. Bill Me Later through Adorama gave me 90 days same as cash, no payments. This way I can pay for it when I get the bonus and and enjoy it now. :biggrin:

I'd buy it through a reputable retailer like Cameta or anyone else that is offering it with a real US warranty through Nikon but don't want all the extra accessories that come with some of the bundles they put together.

I'd buy it through a reputable retailer like Cameta or anyone else that is offering it with a real US warranty through Nikon but don't want all the extra accessories that come with some of the bundles they put together.

Same here (on not buying it through ebay).

Weird about the shipment not going out yet. Mine still says 'pending' also, but was ordered late Monday evening. I don't see 'out of stock' anywhere on the D700 page at adorama.com. I also called them twice today - 1st time I was on hold for 5-10 minutes and gave up, 2nd time they said their call volume was extremely high and asked me to call back later.

I emailed them as well last night (both the regular email and my regular salesmans' email) and haven't gotten a reply yet today (2:15 e.s.t.).

Wrxified;2721098First said:
+1

Love that fine print - lol. I avoid ebay like the plague. Too many sharpies over there, skewering people with their own greed. And if you play risk into the equation, I'm convinced there are no good deals on ebay.

Latest threads

Top Bottom