$2399.95 70-200 VRII says CNET

Ridiculous. Nikon can shove it, if I get this lens I'm going to find every way I can to get it on the cheap and circumvent Nikon's over inflated prices.

L

LSSE

so that's quite a hike even considering the short supply and currency. I see the yen floating at 95 to the dollar, down from way over 100 just last year. I say it is dissapointing but not unexpected to see all things japanese becoming more expensive.

Maybe some dealers will have nice prices on Ebay just before Christmas, and hopefully MS keeps their Live cashback program. At that price you can $200 off.

AFS

Wow. Too rich for my blood by a long shot. I don't know how they can expect anyone to afford that in this economy, much less pro photogs.

I get emails from local pros asking if they can shoot for us at the student newspaper for some extra money because times are so tough. The local paper has already laid off one of their 5 photo staffers.

My 70-200 does quite nicely, and while I like the new design and the MTF looks fantastic, it won't be in my near future.

Dude, photogs are broke nowadays. Before photogs would talk about getting big shots and raking in the dough. Now it's about just getting bills paid, roof over your head, etc.

I purchased mine new at a local dealer last year for $1579.

Looking at the new model it is just like the Canon and Sigma, shorter and fatter.

The vignetting may be a bit better, but I bet it will be just like the Canon and Sigma and not be nearly as sharp wide open as the previous model.

IF the newer one loses a bit of sharpness wide open for the sake of vignetting, the used prices for the older model will go up even more once new stock is sold out.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom