1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

24-120 AF-D (non-VR) / 28-200 AF-D vs. 28-105

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by jac0224, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Does anyone else enjoy using these "older" lenses? I just picked them both up from a friend and really enjoy the feel of them on my D300. Something about the construction vs. the newer plastic counterparts. Also, the colors seem a little more "real." Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love my 24-70, but for lighter travel alternatives, the 18-200 was a pure disappointment. Seems like one of these two may fit the bill. Also, I have read alot about the 28-105. Has anyone any experience with the 28-105 vs. either of these two?

2. I own the 24/120 AF-D and call it a decent lens. I took it to the Sturgis rally in '05 and made a few hundred OK photos, but have wished I had taken the 28/70 AF-S for better images. I own and have tried to like the 28/105 but it just does not ring my bell, but many on this forum really like it.
    http://www.pbase.com/flatlandphoto/sturgis_rally_august_2005

3. The 24-120 AFD is a decent very usable lens on DX, but not acceptable wide open on FX. On FX, it's a nice lens in daylight stopped down.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.