24-120vr goes to the beach

the more I use this lens, the more I like it's versatility and IQ.
I was bored this morning and decided to jump on the bike with the d700 one lens a Vari-Density filter and head out to get a shot I had been thinking about.

I'm going to be working on a series of shots at different times of the day, from the same vantage point.

things pretty much came together on the first of the series :smile:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I love the colors here. the composition is spot on....you could have saturated this but I rally like the subtleness of the blues and sand....a sure print!

thanks for the kind words,
I actually went for a ride with the camera, tripod strapped to the back of the motorcycle and thought it was in vain as it was later than I care to go and shoot.

Which vari ND do you use, and does it vignette at 24mm?
Keith, I use a Singh-Ray Vari-Density filter, at 24 it does vignette a small bit but in those cases I use the 16-35 at the 24 FL. When I need 16mm with a Neutral Density I use the B&W slim 10 stop ND which vignettes very little on the 16-35. For the most part the Singh-Ray is my most used filter.

ducky, Keith, Vindex, Alan and Glenn, thanks for the kind words.

I have a large format printer and last night I printed it at 24x14 and it really does look impressive. Will be framing it for my office.

thanks for the kind words,
I actually went for a ride with the camera, tripod strapped to the back of the motorcycle and thought it was in vain as it was later than I care to go and shoot.

Nice shot buddy... but you are cheating riding a bike with a motor!!:smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom