1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

24-120vr goes to the beach

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Creative Edge, Jun 4, 2011.

1. the more I use this lens, the more I like it's versatility and IQ.
    I was bored this morning and decided to jump on the bike with the d700 one lens a Vari-Density filter and head out to get a shot I had been thinking about.

I'm going to be working on a series of shots at different times of the day, from the same vantage point.

things pretty much came together on the first of the series :smile:

[​IMG]

2. WOW Michael, awesome shot

3. ariel777

ariel777

Mar 14, 2009
    Cambria, CA
    Excellent creative capture!!

4. That's just awesome Michael !!

5. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Nicely done!

6. I love the colors here. the composition is spot on....you could have saturated this but I rally like the subtleness of the blues and sand....a sure print!

7. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Like it a lot!

8. jdag

jdag

Oct 20, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Wonderful photo...I am anxious to see more in the series.

9. thanks for the kind words,
    I actually went for a ride with the camera, tripod strapped to the back of the motorcycle and thought it was in vain as it was later than I care to go and shoot.

10. ducky518

ducky518

Feb 11, 2009
    San Francisco
    I was wondering how you shot that without a tripod - but it all makes sense now

Great shot!

11. ducky518

ducky518

Feb 11, 2009
    San Francisco
    I was wondering how you shot that without a tripod - but it all makes sense now

Great shot!

12. Which vari ND do you use, and does it vignette at 24mm?

13. Gorgeous shot!

Alan

14. Fantastic photograph!

Glenn

15. Keith, I use a Singh-Ray Vari-Density filter, at 24 it does vignette a small bit but in those cases I use the 16-35 at the 24 FL. When I need 16mm with a Neutral Density I use the B&W slim 10 stop ND which vignettes very little on the 16-35. For the most part the Singh-Ray is my most used filter.

16. ducky, Keith, Vindex, Alan and Glenn, thanks for the kind words.

I have a large format printer and last night I printed it at 24x14 and it really does look impressive. Will be framing it for my office.

17. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY

Nice shot buddy... but you are cheating riding a bike with a motor!!:smile:

18. Very impressive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.