24-200 Z review

Real Name
Steve
Okay, you asked for it... I shot the grand opening of a local nursery this afternoon. Afterwards, I had a chance to wander with Z7 and 24-200 naturally.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Steve
We're building a home on a pond, and visit the site every day since it is nearby. Took my Z7 w/24-200 today and saw our first heron on our water's edge.

One of my greatest joys this summer has been spending a fair amount of time with "Alfred," our resident GBH, and shooting photos of him and his brethren, three other species of herons (Green Heron, Black-Crowned Night Heron and Yellow-Crowned Night Heron). The GBH will always be my favorite, they're so fascinating and elegant! I've got a couple photos in the Birds Subforum and also in my 52-weeks project. Other people have robins and cardinals and sparrows as their backyard birds -- I've got Alfred! :)

Real Name
Steve
I get you! This frog and one other hang out on the coach lights on our garage almost every night. I've learned they are two distinctly different frogs, but same species (Cuban Tree Frog, Osteopilus septentrionalis). One smaller and less skittish of my camera, one larger and less animated. Every night now, I look to see if either is in a good position for a photograph. The shot above is okay, but this one is the bar I measure against. Same frog, by the way.

SRH_8598b.jpg

I recently picked up the Tamron 28-200mm f/2.8-5.6 for Sony E-mount. The lens is awesome! I forgot how useful a super zoom can be. It'd be interesting to compare the Tamron with the Nikon 24-200mm. Right now I think super zooms are the best lens for this current global predicament we're in!

Real Name
Steve
Okay, this is my backyard SOOC. No edits, no scaling. [email protected]/8, ISO200. Z7 jpg in all its 32.8MB of glory.

SRH_8906.JPG

Real Name
Steve
Thanks! We just sold this house! We’re home more now and want a better view. This is new view...

Real Name
Steve
Z7 in DX mode with 24-200. Just a shot from my backyard. I'm going to plant a chair there with a tripod and 200-500, and wait, I KNOW he'll pull a fish out of there if I'm patient.

Real Name
Steve
This little guy was on the run, so had to act fast. Started out on the rainspout but by the time I could get him framed up, he was in the mulch.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom