24-70 f2.8

I have only recently brought a Z6 and getting great results using the FTZ and my 70-200 VR1 Lens, but my Sigma 24-70 f2.8 will not autofocus. Is there any reason why I should not buy a used Nikon AF-S 24-70 2.8G lens as opposed to a new Z series 2.8 version.

You can use a G lens on a f-mount Nikons. So if you plan to use it on a f-mount camera, this would be the way to go.
The 2 Z mount 24-70 lenses are stellar performers, especially the 2.8.
Nice dilemma to have.

Which model is your Sigma 24-70mm 2.8? Is it the AF-D version or the HSM version before the Art lens was released? If it's the HSM version, you can contact Sigma in your area and see if they'll firmware upgrade it. If not, getting the Nikon 24-70mm G would be a good idea for compatibility if you still want to use it on an F-mount body. If not, get the Z 24-70mm 2.8 for optimal performance.

My Sigma is the old HSM version and very sharp, that is why I have never upgraded it.

It would make sense to use a f mount, as I use my two D700 bodys for all my low light stuff. And I only brought the Z6 for the times when silent shooting would be a advantage.

My Sigma is the old HSM version and very sharp, that is why I have never upgraded it.

It would make sense to use a f mount, as I use my two D700 bodys for all my low light stuff. And I only brought the Z6 for the times when silent shooting would be a advantage.
I'd contact Sigma UK if it's possible to firmware update your lens first. I believe Sigma updated a few older non-Global Vision lenses that allowed FTZ compatibility. If not, then picking up used Nikon 24-70mm G will give you cross-mount compatibility.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom