28/1.4 at night or...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Candidcameraman, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    Patrick: Best point and shoot capture's Iv seen in some time:wink:. Are you using AF at night. And what are your shutter speeds/ISO.

Gregory

2. Thanks Greg,

ISO for all of them was at 2000 and the shutter speed varied from pic to pic but yes I am using AF at night, the first image was captured at 1/125 of a sec, the second at the same speed but the third image was at f/1.6 (??) at 1/160th of a sec.

The limo shot was 1/250 and the bar shot at 1/125th of a sec. Pretty neat for AF in low light...

3. Hi There "P"

Love the shots of T.O.

What font do you use for your photo sig, and is it a PS action?

4. Thank you Garrie, the font is "Sathu" I did program it as an action but I do not use the action - I copie and paste it from a PSD file I keep on my desktop.

There is an easy to do it and I am pretty sure it was a tutorial by Uncle Frank or ... perhaps someone else lemme check... Just went through 33 pages of the "Retouching discussion and application" forum and couldn't find it... it is easy to do actually...

5. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    700 right? man I cant wait to get a camera that can shoot w/o problems above 800...

Jon

6. Jon, it is the D3 actually ... :wink: (Same thing)

7. These are pretty cool. Nice atmosphere. Makes me wonder if Nikon will revamp their fast primes soon? I'd be happy if they release a new 24, 50 and 85!

8. Last one is really cool.

9. I like #2 where you're semi busted and of course the "friendly" girls in the limo.......Good times.........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

10. Very cool shots!

11. Thank you Jonathan - I would love new lenses mainly for the nano coating - AFS is not my main issue but the nano coating is so good it would change the way I shoot at night.

Thank you - it is my favorite of that little outing.:smile:

Thank you Ted

Thank you

Thank you

12. great shots....what metering mode did you use....

13. Thank you, I used average center weighted metering.

14. you did a great job....exposures are spot on.... :smile:

15. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Okay, so I finally broke down and looked. I told my self I wouldn't so as to not induce lust for this lens any further. But I just........couldn't....................help.............it! Nice ones, Patrick! I would love to get my hands on that lens :eek:

16. Taylor

Taylor

May 21, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Hey Patrick, welcome back! When'd you pick this up?? I find mine doesn't focus that accurately at night.

17. It is good to be back - I picked it up a couple of weeks before leaving for Europe, I got it at the beginning of June - it is on the D3 95% of the time :smile:

Thank you Phillip - you'd love this lens.

Thank you - I have no merit in regards to the exposure - the D3 did that part :wink:

18. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

how cool is this? shooting at night just 2k iso knowing the gizmo can give u much much more ...powerful!

thanks for sharing (i hate u, lol)
    :wink::Love: