28 1.4D gets her feet wet...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Doug, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Literally, my tri-pod foot was in water for one of these shots. :) I sort of like both these for different reasons. A different perspective, and different lighting... What's your take? I think I need to brighten these up a bit, didn't shoot raw, inadvertantly, and really lacked as much control as I like in PP as a result. I do really like the "dappled" light in the first shot, it filled nicely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. these are really very nice Doug!

3. I like the first one especially but feel the second one is just a tad too dark. They are both nice scenes.

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thanks guys, these should be easy enough to reproduce, I can probably go back within the next 2 weeks and try again, have to catch the time of day lighting for similar lighting effect as one, I really do love that spotty lighting.

I was shooting my new D2Xs, and didn't realize I was set to JPG normal only. whoops, my bad. I may have had EV set down or maybe need to set it up a notch. Of course, I had stopped the light down with my Singh-Ray Var-ND filter.

The 28 is positively beautiful though, I LOVE it!!!

Doug

5. I like the composition and coloring of the second. Maybe a little selective burning could brighten up some areas without blowing out others.

The first has a little to much going on in the foreground for me. I like the simplicity of the second