28-105 does macro

I got this little lens for various purposes, macro is one. It's fun! Here's two I capture in our yard. I took plenty more, but I thought they were a bit boring.

Katydid
p682481300.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BIG Assassin bug
p595544386.jpg

Feel free to leave some comments, I really am not familiar with macro shooting. Thank you :wink:

I like both the captures! I'm getting into marco photography as well, it's been fun so far, a whole different beast when it comes to capturing an image.

Nice images Linda, you certainly have some scary looking insects in your part of the world. I prefer the first image because of the interesting composistion, however (to me at least) it does seem as if the insect has a fishing rod coming out of his/her head!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys

- yeah Rob, tell me about it. I'm from Sweden, where everything is about as dangerous and scary looking as a strawberry, so I'm still very wary about the bugs around here. Way too many of them too. But, my curiosity takes over and I want to take a closer looks. It's probably more interesting for me since I didn't grew up with them around.

You've done VERY well Miss Linda! :smile: And yes, that is a very fun little lens, it's always right near my camera and used quite frequently. :biggrin:

Nice shots. The last one look like one from outer space.
I do believe bugs are from outer space. :biggrin: Thanks.

You've done VERY well Miss Linda! :smile: And yes, that is a very fun little lens, it's always right near my camera and used quite frequently. :biggrin:

:redface: You're too nice, thanks Gret. It's hard to take the Beast off though, but this one will be handy for some macros and what nots. But I noticed it has sever issues with purple fringing.

Very nice shots.
Thank you for the encouragment. :smile:

The good ole 28-105, my first Nikon lens. Nice pics Linda, very sharp.
Was it really? It's a kit lens I believe, I got it second hand from the sell forum here. It's sharper than I expected.

wonderful shots
i like #2 better

that 28-105 is a true gem of a lens
Thanks so much Greg :smile:

And in heavy armor too.

Great captures and I agree on the lens. I had a 105 VR macro and sold it after getting my copy of the 28-105.
Did you really? Wow, well lets not tell them that in the Lens lust forum. lol
Thanks for looking and leaving comments!

Real Name
David
Did you really? Wow, well lets not tell them that in the Lens lust forum. lol

Yes really. I don't do a lot of macro stuff mainly around wedding details.

352312795_Gt2Nq-L.jpg

352323788_gXbS2-L.jpg

I got this little lens for various purposes, macro is one. It's fun! Here's two I capture in our yard. I took plenty more, but I thought they were a bit boring.

Feel free to leave some comments, I really am not familiar with macro shooting. Thank you :wink:

Linda,

Those are well done. That second bug is a type of Assassin bug known as a wheel bug. Beware, they are supposed to have a VERY nasty bite, apparently MUCH worse than a bee-sting, that can take months to heal. They're timid, but if you corner them, watch out.

I gather you are no longer in Sweden?

Linda,

Those are well done. That second bug is a type of Assassin bug known as a wheel bug. Beware, they are supposed to have a VERY nasty bite, apparently MUCH worse than a bee-sting, that can take months to heal. They're timid, but if you corner them, watch out.

I gather you are no longer in Sweden?

Wah! See Nick, my fear does come from common sense. Although, I got a bit lax around the assassin bugs and kind of sat with them by our table outside.
Thanks, good to know!

Nope, I left Ol' Europe 8 years ago.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom