28-105 does macro

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by LindaZ, Aug 13, 2008.

1. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I got this little lens for various purposes, macro is one. It's fun! Here's two I capture in our yard. I took plenty more, but I thought they were a bit boring.

Katydid
    [​IMG]

BIG Assassin bug
    [​IMG]

Feel free to leave some comments, I really am not familiar with macro shooting. Thank you :wink:

2. I like both the captures! I'm getting into marco photography as well, it's been fun so far, a whole different beast when it comes to capturing an image.

3. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Nice images Linda, you certainly have some scary looking insects in your part of the world. I prefer the first image because of the interesting composistion, however (to me at least) it does seem as if the insect has a fishing rod coming out of his/her head!

Thanks for sharing.

4. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks guys

- yeah Rob, tell me about it. I'm from Sweden, where everything is about as dangerous and scary looking as a strawberry, so I'm still very wary about the bugs around here. Way too many of them too. But, my curiosity takes over and I want to take a closer looks. It's probably more interesting for me since I didn't grew up with them around.

5. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Nice shots. The last one look like one from outer space.

6. You've done VERY well Miss Linda! :smile: And yes, that is a very fun little lens, it's always right near my camera and used quite frequently. :biggrin:

7. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I do believe bugs are from outer space. :biggrin: Thanks.

:redface: You're too nice, thanks Gret. It's hard to take the Beast off though, but this one will be handy for some macros and what nots. But I noticed it has sever issues with purple fringing.

8. trwigg

trwigg

Jul 11, 2008
    texas
    Very nice shots.

9. The good ole 28-105, my first Nikon lens. Nice pics Linda, very sharp.

10. wonderful shots
    i like #2 better

that 28-105 is a true gem of a lens

11. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    And in heavy armor too.

Great captures and I agree on the lens. I had a 105 VR macro and sold it after getting my copy of the 28-105.

12. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank you for the encouragment. :smile:

Was it really? It's a kit lens I believe, I got it second hand from the sell forum here. It's sharper than I expected.

Thanks so much Greg :smile:

Did you really? Wow, well lets not tell them that in the Lens lust forum. lol
    Thanks for looking and leaving comments!

13. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    Yes really. I don't do a lot of macro stuff mainly around wedding details.

352312795_Gt2Nq-L.jpg

352323788_gXbS2-L.jpg

14. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Beautiful work David

15. I thought you were scared of insects!!!!!!!!!!! Love the colors--so fresh and clean!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  16. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    thanks. I really liked her ring, simple and interesting setting.

17. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Ok Nick, I'm a bit of a discriminator, as I pick which ones I'm afraid of. lol

Thank you :smile:

Oh, I should photograph my own ring.

18. These are all pretty nice. That looks a great little general/travel style lens.

19. Linda,

Those are well done. That second bug is a type of Assassin bug known as a wheel bug. Beware, they are supposed to have a VERY nasty bite, apparently MUCH worse than a bee-sting, that can take months to heal. They're timid, but if you corner them, watch out.

I gather you are no longer in Sweden?

20. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Wah! See Nick, my fear does come from common sense. Although, I got a bit lax around the assassin bugs and kind of sat with them by our table outside.
    Thanks, good to know!

Nope, I left Ol' Europe 8 years ago.