28-105d 3.5-4.5

Ben, those are great pictures. As for the price, the lowest I found new is $249.95+s&h. This is like new in the box for local pick up so no tax, no s&h.

Cope
I have one. It is light and easy to carry. Mine is what i would consider terrible resistance to flare or reciprocity or something. It takes acceptable pics only with the sun at my back. It does not compare optically with pretty much anything else. It is an very inexpensive kit lens and performs accordingly. I keep it because of its OK macro capablities and selling it is just not worth messing with. $125 is kinda the going price I have heard for mine and seen on Ebay.
David

I bought one a few weeks ago for my Spain vacation because I wanted to travel light. A nice travel lens (together with my Tokina 12-24), and I haven't missed a longer tele for one second. Not big problems with flares, I used the lens hood (called the "Sombrero" because of the size...) most of the time, and that was ok. I paid 170 Euros over here in Germany, where prices are higher than in the US, but the lens is worth it. Here are some pics made with it:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As I said, a nice travel lens, not as good as the top Nikon zooms, but better than the consumer stuff, especially better built quality. I like it.
Andreas

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the zoom I use at the beach. It takes 52mm filters and is compact.

Does any one have this lens? How do you like it? I have located a LNIB copy for $175. Thnaks.
I have it and I love it. On DSLR, it's not good for any wide angle shots, but for the price, it's a good solid lens that's capable of anything you desire. I even have the matching hood which has done its job in protecting the lens from my clumsy hands.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom