28-70/2.8 for people pics

Discussion in 'People' started by Uncle Frank, Apr 2, 2005.

1. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    definitely the bomb

Frank,

For my purposes the 17-55 range does the trick, but there was something really special about that 28-70. Pictures just popped!

Your first samples look great - much more interesitng than newspaper articles. ;)

Tom

2. Looks super sharp to me and great contrast and color to boot. So, happy?

3. Re: definitely the bomb

Thanks for reminding me :oops:.

No more lens testing for me... except for pictures like these. I'll leave the quantitative stuff to the pros.

4. Looks good Frank. I know this has nothing to do with the lens but I am trying to figure out why you got shadows on the far right of image #2 and no where else??

5. Yup, I think I've found my best fit. Thanks, Harris.

6. I can't explain it, Gordon. I used the sb800 in bounce mode, and those photons could have gone anywhere :shock: .

7. Nice Pics

Clear, sharp and colorful, Frank. Have you discovered any quirks or other issues you weren't anticipating with your new lens?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

8. No problems yet, Virginia. The only negative is the size of The Beast. It's even intimidating to carry around... but I figured out a solution!

Its "hugeness" is largely caused by the enormous size of its lens hood. With it off, it just looks large. So I'm leaving it off unless I've got a bright sun overhead. Other than that, I'll only put it on if I want to impress the heck out of a client or scare a child :twisted:.

9. Good shots Frank. Very nice detail!! :D :D :D :D :D :D