28-70/2.8 for people pics

Still on my honeymoon with the 28-70, and it doesn't leave my side :).

I took it to dance class tonight, to see how it would work as an event lens. I think it's the bomb... but I'm prejudiced. Here's a few samples.

41524336.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 6813
View attachment 6814
View attachment 6815
View attachment 6816

definitely the bomb

Frank,

For my purposes the 17-55 range does the trick, but there was something really special about that 28-70. Pictures just popped!

Your first samples look great - much more interesitng than newspaper articles. ;)

Tom

Re: definitely the bomb

tweber said:
Your first samples look great - much more interesitng than newspaper articles. ;)

Thanks for reminding me :oops:.

No more lens testing for me... except for pictures like these. I'll leave the quantitative stuff to the pros.

Looks good Frank. I know this has nothing to do with the lens but I am trying to figure out why you got shadows on the far right of image #2 and no where else??

greyflash said:
I am trying to figure out why you got shadows on the far right of image #2 and no where else??

I can't explain it, Gordon. I used the sb800 in bounce mode, and those photons could have gone anywhere :shock: .

No problems yet, Virginia. The only negative is the size of The Beast. It's even intimidating to carry around... but I figured out a solution!

Its "hugeness" is largely caused by the enormous size of its lens hood. With it off, it just looks large. So I'm leaving it off unless I've got a bright sun overhead. Other than that, I'll only put it on if I want to impress the heck out of a client or scare a child :twisted:.

Latest threads

Top Bottom