28-70/2.8 Scapes

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Uncle Frank, Nov 14, 2005.

1. I shot a wedding last weekend in Fountain, Arizona. I don't usually take landscapes, but I've found a few that I like among the test shots I took the day before and the morning of the event.

The Beast works pretty well for scapes, but it really shines with people ;-).

2. Hi UF!

I, too, hardly use the Beast for landscape shots, although it does pretty well, as your images demonstrate well.

Anyway, the two girls are something really special, nothing can go wrong with such models (and the Beast, of course).
    Cheers

3. Great show of the flexibility of that lens. The images just have "something" special about them.
    Dave

4. Four is a wonderful age for models, Harry. Things change a little when they grow up.

5. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Nice shots, UF, I know that area well. Looks like you were to the east of Fountain Hills, I think I even recognize on of thos saguaros!

6. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Nice shots.I liked the first one&last shot.

7. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nice shots. The 28-70 really is a versatile lens; the notion that it's not a useful range on DX is bogus IMHO. I've found that not only is it great for people and candid shots, but it is equally useful for landscapes. The super-wide zooms get most of the attention but that's not always how I want to compose my picture. And when it comes to rendering fine detail, the sharpness of the 28-70 at the middle apertures really is incredible.

8. Nice shots!

And just want to remind those who is lusting for this lens. The beast no doubt is an excellent lens, but the main factor that these images are so good is the photographer himself.

9. Frank...You should take more shots of landscapes. You do a fine job of it. Landscapes are my favorites. Anyway, the last one is simply adorable. Very cute little girls.