28-70 flora, and 105VR/weeping cherry blossems

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Doug, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    The 28-70 doing Macro double duty? Ahh, that sweet Bokeh, no wonder it's worth trying...

Sorry about the copyright bars, still pondering this for smugmug use, I dunno, it's a delicate balance between no protection and overkill maybe...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2007
  2. Don, Your copyright notice really kills your beautiful shot for me! What is smugmug doing that's necessary for you to do this?

Anthony

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    ok, well first my name is not Don.

Second, I am joining Smugmug to sell my prints, not for just building a gallery for people to steal my work without buying it. In the past, I have loaded my prints for display to my own site, without any notice, but in limited quality and size.

I can see where the beauty is tarnished to some by protection logos. Maybe I've went to heavy with mine. But I haven't even finalized my account yet, so it's early before I make my final decisions on this.

4. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Doug, I think you are worrying too much. I make my living selling prints, and don't ruin the images with the copyright notice like you've done here.

But hey, to each his own! These appear to be nice shots Doug.. wish I could see 'em..

5. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    The watermarks should go away for now.

one more.

using my R1C1 setup...

[​IMG]

I have several oriented with this style processing to examine yet, this is but one example.

May need to dial up the brightness on that first shot a bit, but I do not want to go so far to loose the wonderful bokeh color, I think it's my favorite.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  6. Doug,

How many SB-R200 units do you use with your R1C1 kit?? I purchased an extra unit with my kit. I have experimented with using 2 or 3 units at 180 or 120 degrees apart. Oops, maybe I better start another R1C1 thread...:redface: :tongue: .

7. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    I have 2 flashes with my kit, and an SB-800 Crystall if I really want to rain daylight on my image... :) Yeah, glad you like the images. :tongue:

oh, and my 28-70 is no thanks to you, haha. :biggrin: (semi-private joke) But I do owe you a debt of gratitude for part of my 200VR. (Crystall bought my first beast from me which helped to finance my 200VR.) But then I lusted again for the 28-70, and got another copy back in my clutches.

8. Sorry Don...I mean Doug :)

Anthony

9. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    For now, I have made a new decision on Smug. When I load an image for viewing here, or other forums, I will move it to a photo bin with mostly rights free viewing. But eventually, and likely as the thread fades to oblivion, the photo will disappear from that photo bin, and will be located with at least size restrictions in a permenant gallery. I hope this meets people's viewing pleasure better. I can start with new sunup images of the weeping cherry with the 105 VR.

I'll load some up today something like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above temporary gallery is located here to view larger sizes:

http://fotogafer.smugmug.com/gallery/2623463#138467889

all else fails go to www.fotogafer.com and poke around.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2007
  10. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    one more added

this one is pretty nice, as it shows closed buds, slightly broken open buds, and wide open blooms.

[​IMG]

You can't eat it, but she's ripe with fruit this year! Fruit for the eyes! She's very mature at 15 years old.

11. Wonderful images, Doug. Is that evening light? It has a wonderful richness in it.

12. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thank you, glad you liked them. Sun-up Sandi. I rolled out @ 8, and really grabbed a camera almost before my clothes, lol, to get the sunup snaps. It takes the sun a while to peak up over the trees, so it's not "truly" sunrise. That's why I say sun-up. By the time it gets over a ridge, it's getting fairly bright, but I caught it at that delicate in between time too, which is good light. I live with a ridge on 2 sides. I thought it was a rich shoot too.