28-70 loosish inside?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jklofft, Dec 18, 2005.

1. I got the beast the other day and it seems fine except that if I jiggle it, it seems a little loose inside (compared to my 17-55 which is solid and silent). Is this normal for this lens? Thanks.

2. Hi jeff,

don't worry.
    it's normal.
    I had two of them and they were both the same.

Congrats with that lens, you will love it

alex

3. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Yep, mine's the same way.

4. Well, here I go against the grain again... no sign of anything loose inside mine.

Woody

5. Thanks for the replys. Given the lens seems OK optically, I'll assume it's fine.

6. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Hi Jeff, It sounds like its broken to me! You need to sell it quick, just take what you can get for it! I'd say $50 was a fair price, I could take it off your hands for that and do you a favour I suppose!! :wink: :smile: :biggrin:

No????? Ok then always worth a try I guess :tongue:

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    mine makes some noise when I jiggle it too. Dunno what that is, but it works fine.

8. Steve,

Those are the magic crystals moving about. Don't mess with them!

9. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    I really need to lose this mental picture of Steve S "jiggling it!" :smile:

Then again going by your avatar Steve, your "jiggle" has its merits :biggrin:

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I guess that would all depend on what you'd define "it" to be! :eek: Perhaps you're referring to my recent reply to Rory's recent Birds of Kauai Pt 2 post! :wink: