28-70mm 2.8 on its way...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by yahtzee, Jun 1, 2005.

1. will be here tomorrow....im done....this month....lol

2. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    lol, you have some stable mind :D

3. kccheers

kccheers

May 2, 2005
    Liberty, Mo
    Daryl, where did you end up finding one?

I looked for used for a couple of weeks, then bought a new one, then 2 days later 2 showed up used again....go figure

4. Ended up buying from BH.....

5. Congratulations! I'm sure you'll love "the Beast."

Brian

6. Decisive move, Yahtzee. I'm impressed. It took me a few months of agonizing before I made the decision.

The Cafe is a free site, but belonging to it can be very costly :twisted:.

7. Where did you find a used 28-70?

Sam,

Where did you find a used 28-70?? I am looking for one to accompany my 70-200 instead of my 18-70 and 17-55. Uh oh, LLD showing again! :twisted:

8. UF,

Yep, costly, but oh so worth it!!!! Hee Hee! :twisted: :twisted: Now, about that beast....

9. kccheers

kccheers

May 2, 2005
    Liberty, Mo
    Crystall, here is a link to the one that I found at the FM site. Funny, though....I could not find it doing a search, instead had to go back thru the posts to find it. Hope this helps. I am loving mine.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/230089

10. kccheers

kccheers

May 2, 2005
    Liberty, Mo
    WOW! I feel like I'm on Star Trek or something...what happened with my reply?

11. Reply to Sam, Sam, Sam, Sam, Sam (Big Smiles)

Thank you for the followup! :lol:

12. Laryl

Laryl

May 30, 2005
    Yuma, AZ
    LOL what a way to end the day.. laughing all the way.. Sam Sam Sam.. caught in the beam-me-up machine I bet!

The 28-70 was in the running for me this week but I decided to feed my LLD with the 17-55 because I really need the wide angle (I love to use the word 'need' ..seems to justify things).

I'm having a very long week waiting for my new baby to arrive, but I'm enjoying getting to know everyone and reading the forums.
    Too bad I have to keep logging out to view the for sale area.. I think it's rather rude to make members have to log out just to read that forum LOL! it's driving me nuts.. anyway let us see some images from you new lens when it comes today! :D

13. kccheers

kccheers

May 2, 2005
    Liberty, Mo
    Must have had my finger in "Burst" mode instead of single fire......

14. ROTFL.... :lol:

15. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I ordered mine today as well. All this talk about the "BEAST"...I have to experience it for myself. I am going to need a 40' trailer to tow behind my truck to carry all of these pieces!!!