28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF AF-S Zoom aka "The Beast"

There is no reason that LLD should show up so soon after I purchased the 70-200mm VR from Clifton.

But it has! There is no reason I need the lens. I have a 17-35 and a 24-120.

What makes it worse there is one for sale at the Cafe.

My only salvation is that the sale on my 80-200mm doesn't go through.

Pray for me that I don't succumb to LLD. :wink:

Russ

N

nfoto

I'm a sworn atheist and already own the 28-70 so share your hopes if not the methods to achieve them :D

Of course, the 28-70 do fit very nicely into your setup and might result in the 24-120 being redundant .

However I never be able to understand the nickname for this lens. The only Nikkor worthy of that designation is the 300/2.

Bjorn

To me my 600mm f/4D ED-IF AF-S II is a real beast. Putting that on the tripod with the Wimberley head and then wandering the trails of St. Marks NWR in Florida is a real work out especially with other gear hanging on the Lowepro harness & belt system.

Russ

N

nfoto

You should try the 300/2. no less than 7.5 kg plus tripod mount, and so stubby and unwieldly to carry around you get bruises all over (I know from my personal experience). Second comes the 800 mm f/5.6. A real brute if there ever was one.

28-70 /2.8: a puny thing but it slims your wallet a little bit though :D

I'm curious if any of you all have comments on the usable range of this particular lens on a D70 with it's crop factor. I currently use the same 24-120 VR and think that it's range is far more usable than the kit lens of 18-70. Do you think the quality differences between the 28-70 and the 24-120 are that great?

I do mostly family shots, of my new daughter and stuff. Some trips/vacations.

Sam

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom