28 B&W films compared.

Why do they state that Neopan 1600 comes in 120? I have never been able to find any.

And what's the deal with reciprocity failure? Me no understand the concept.

R

Removed User 2

Very cool. Thanks for the link, Ned.

Of course, some of those films are dead and the descriptions are somewhat too short but it's still a good read.

Let's not forget Agfa apx-100 is one of the best films ever made, IMO. It's just impossible to miss development with it. That film is so darn consistent! It's so good and easy to shoot with that I always overlooked it because of that (but still always used it!). It's like "everybody knows ferrari is the best so I want a Porsche instead" kinda thing. Anyway, Apx-100 fares well in the data sheet and it reminded me how true it is.

R

Removed User 2

Why do they state that Neopan 1600 comes in 120? I have never been able to find any.

And what's the deal with reciprocity failure? Me no understand the concept.

The film loses sensitivity.

When you need to expose for let's say 1 second, a given film will start to lose its sensitivity so you will have to expose for 2 seconds instead (overexpose) in order to give the film a chance.

Anything shorter then 1/1000 and longer the 1 second will require overexposure for getting a correctly exposed film. That's not bad really... But once you're hitting the 5 minutes exposure reading, then you'll have to bracket anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour...

There is no reciprocity failure with digital.

Oh, this is great. I bookmarked it. Excellent info! Thanks for the heads up!

Latest threads

Top Bottom