28 f1.4

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by hans, Feb 26, 2005.

1. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I ordered this one after seeing the pictures of RR at his Europe session,anyone has experiences with that lens ?

Yes it's expensive but f 1.4 well it's always dark over here

2. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Hans,
    I got a used one last summer. It's one lens I will take everywhere.
    At Halloween I went to a little party and walked up to two kids and took these pictures with the 28.1.4... I couldn't believe how good the pictures were that night... I've gotten all kinds of good ones and never a bad one.

I know you'll like the lens.
    Gaye

10564139-L.
    10564142-L.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shots Gaye. Never seen these before.... :p

Missed you and Stan at Merritt. As you can probably tell, we had a very good, highly productive time. 8)

Regards,

Frank

4. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Frank,
    Thanks for nice comment.

These pictures really surprised me because I had no idea they'd work so well with that lens. I had no flash and the it was florescent lighting and quite dark in the room. I didn't know anything about Capture or white balance at that time and these pictures are almost right out of the D-70 camera with Auto setting for white balance. This is a great lens :!:

We really missed going to the Merritt Island shoot. I'll be at the next one for sure and please keep me posted on anything that comes up.

Also, where have you posted your pictures from Merritt Island. I"ve been looking for them.

Best to you and Janie,
    Gaye