28mm 1.4 lens in very low light..after sunset

I've had one of these lenses for awhile and haven't used it much. But with all the 'hoopla' about the value of the lens I decided to take it out for a spin in the 'almost dark' around my house.

Here's what I got... It was extremely 'low light' and the lens pulled the light right out of nowhere. To me it really is an incredible lens...

139184327-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont get me wrong, the lens is great but your house is soooo nice. Wow i wish i had that type of garden. Now i am lusting for house instead.

Dont get me wrong, the lens is great but your house is soooo nice. Wow i wish i had that type of garden. Now i am lusting for house instead.

Mingaun,
That's not my house but one near me. I drove around until I found a house that had night lights.

Thanks!

It's amazing you can still get that kind of vivid color after sunset. Great lens.

Haze

That amazed me too. The reality didn't look anything like the picture.
The nickname for this lens is 'light magnet' and now I know why :)

Very nice Gaye
I love the lights you have lighting your beautiful home and trees:>)))
Beautiful image

Very nice Gaye
I love the lights you have lighting your beautiful home and trees:>)))
Beautiful image

Hi Gale,

Wish that were my house:smile: I traveled around until I found a nice house with night lights.. I did send the owner this picture and they loved it. I won't tell them the value of the lens that got the shot:smile:
Thanks, Gaye

she said not her house Gale, but in the neighborhood.

Excellent shot Gaye!

Hi Doug,
Thanks very much! I guess in Florida we take birds in early AM and houses at night with the 28 1.4 lens :smile: It's beginning to seem that way to me. The sun is so hot in middle of day that the camera is put away.

Wow, the 'Light Magnet' lives up to it's name!! Wonderful capture Gaye. Kudos to you!!

Hi Crystall,
I'm still looking at the flea market for yours. I got mine at a similar place two years ago:smile:

Thanks for your nice comment..always appreciated!

Great shot of a GORGEOUS house with a great lens...

Hi Keith,
I guess I'll have to go out and find more of the nice houses. It really was a good adventure for me. I couldn't believe how dark it was and how the good colors came out in the picture. I'm baffled by it but not arguing with it :biggrin:
Thanks very much!
Gaye

I've had one of these lenses for awhile and haven't used it much. But with all the 'hoopla' about the value of the lens I decided to take it out for a spin in the 'almost dark' around my house.

Here's what I got... It was extremely 'low light' and the lens pulled the light right out of nowhere. To me it really is an incredible lens...

139184327-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good evening Gaye
yes, really beautiful shot.. which time and aperture? Once I also got an incredible shot where there was no light at all from my 50 F1.4... Of course I had no tripod and the photo was blurred but I didn't figure out where all that light was..

All the best

Italy 74,
Thank you!
Here are the settings I used for this shot. It was handheld in Aperture mode. ISO 400 at f/2 and 1/10th second shutter speed. It was -1 EV.

I have no idea how I held it steady. Next time I'm using a tripod for sure!

Latest threads

Top Bottom