2nd Deck with the Bigma at the Finals

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by MIG_at_Mid-Illini, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Here is what the Bigma does from the skybox at Silver Cross in Joliet during the 3rd place AA game.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Mig29e/Hb0609WasBroR

The Bigma was mounted on my D50 -- On my D200 I had the 80-200 and then the 17-55. Most of the colletion is done with the D50. the exif data is on the right side of the individual images. I don't use any ladypod even on the big lens. Might use a guard/rand rail. ;- )

Yes, some should never be shown, some need work, and .... but if I think grandma will like the image and smile and recall grandson's day in the sun 5 years from now it is an image I keep and share. In other words, look but save any negative comments. I take/share images via a different acceptance than most people here do. ;-)

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I have shot some sports from an elevated vantage point, but none from as high as these. It definately offers a different perspective than shooting from the customary field-level locations. Variety is the spice of life, so offering the clientele some variety is a very good thing. As an aside, if Downers Grove South would have performed better in the Super Sectionals, I would have met you in person at the game as I am the team photographer.

3. Thanks for the comment. Next place we may see each other might be the U of I for the football Championships. As always, I expect SHG will be very good again this next season and will have a great chance to be a 3-peat. ;-) I went past the south end of the stadium on the way to the ball diamond for the Super Sectional and the new stands, pressbox, and the move of the scoreboard from the north to south endzone is underway. It will be a different place next year. Scoreboard in the shade instead of the afternoon sun.

One more post and I can start shopping. ;-)

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I have shot SHG in the past, they have traveled up to Montini Catholic to begin their seasons with non-conference play. SHG is quite a powerhouse and will always be fighting for the State title in their class.

5. Yes indeed. Montini is also a 5A powerhouse. Recalling, they won the 5A just prior to SHG stringing two together. In this past season, Motini played SHG in Springfield and this is what I thought I saw.
    http://theshgcyclones.prepsportsonline.com/news/view/1123/
    AND this what I actually saw - per the Nikon.
    http://theshgcyclones.prepsportsonline.com/photos/event-1399/

This season the game will be at Montini and I plan on being on the sidelines. Lets be sure and say hi and swap a few stories. Marking my calendar now to look up Frank when in Lombard.

I got my 25!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Sure provided some very artistic shadows.
    Can't look at them all:>)))))
    Looks like you used up a few cf cards....
    Nice shootin

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Sounds good to me, a few snaps and a few stories make for a nice day if the early fall.