1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

2x Microsoft bing cashback starting 8/10

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Varmint, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Varmint

Varmint

Apr 21, 2009
    Boston, MA
    All stores will be up to 2x the normal, including Adorama, B&H. Also Ebay will be 15%.

Just FYI, this is a great way to buy lenses. For Ebay it has to be Buy it Now auctions, and you need a Paypal account.

2. Excellent. Good way to stock up on ink, paper, event tickets... Works great! I have saved something like $500 over the past year...

3. dspeed

dspeed

Dec 17, 2006
    Carlsbad, NM
    If I save much more, I'll be broke! <g>

4. I only bought stuff I needed, I mean wanted... I mean...:redface:

5. How does this work? how do you get the cash back? Do you get sent a check, paypal , etc.?

6. Adkid

Adkid

Jan 3, 2009
    Portland
    B+H is listed as having a range of cashbacks from 2%-4%. How can one tell which items are 2% and which are 4%? Same with Adorama. It is 3% to 6%. On higher price lenses, it might make a difference.

7. Anyone want to list their Nikkor 24-70/2.8 on eBay in a few days? ;) 

8. You wink, but I did arrange the sale of my D300 this way when LIVE search was doing 20-30% off and got MORE than my asking price!!! Do not be afraid of this folks! Oh and I don't want to sell my 24-70 either ;) 

9. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed. I managed to check eBay almost immediately after someone listed a mint (LN-/LN!) Nikkor 70-200/2.8 VR for a very good price about 6 weeks ago. With 8% bing.com cashback and double (4%) eBucks, it was a very good deal. If I hadn't seen it right away, it would have certainly been gone within the hour.

My concern now is someone will list their Nikkor 24-70/2.8 on eBay, but they will also jack up their price even more to account for the 15% bing.com cashback. Doesn't matter, I have time. I can wait for a deal similar to the one I got with the 70-200 VR (BTW, what a great lens!).

10. Bubble

Bubble

Nov 3, 2007
    Anaheim, CA
    thanks for the head up. I'll get some more SB-900 from Ebay.

11. This thread might help

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  12. u get money back via PP when you buy on ebay
    a chk otherwise
    and it works fine
    i got 750 back so far

13. Varmint

Varmint

Apr 21, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Amen to that! :( 

Others explained it, it's totally legit and safe, and highly recommended. It typically is a 60 day weight though, to get the cash back. Combine it with occasional coupons ebay sends you and you can get great deals.

14. jshillhouse

jshillhouse

Apr 22, 2009
    Utah
    So, I don't see ebay on the list of stores, am I missing something, or is ebay not one of the eligible stores? Also, what if the item I want is back ordered, like the tokina 11-16 f/2.8?

15. eBay works differently.

Try this link:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=wii&go=&form=QBRE

Click on the www.ebay.com link listed under "ALL RESULTS". That will take you to eBay with the referring link. The eBay page should show the Cashback logo in the top header.

From there you can search for whatever you want on eBay (e.g. you don't have to buy a Wii!). It only works for Buy-It-Now items.

Please note that many dealers selling Nikon equipment on eBay are gray market dealers, and the USA ones may or may not have as attractive a price compared to, say, B&H with the Bing Cashback. The largest problem is that the USA dealers often don't have a wide variety of Nikon gear to choose from.

16. jshillhouse

jshillhouse

Apr 22, 2009
    Utah
    I'm still not seeing ebay, even from your link...

17. Varmint

Varmint

Apr 21, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Look for any link with a gold dollar sign and text "Bing cashback".

18. I've been wondering the same thing , but I can't find a answer anywhere .

19. I don't think it will work on backorder or pre-order mechandise , and if it does , I haven't found anybody to assure that it will.
    I would like to pre-order the new Nikon 70-200 through bing and get the cashback after purchase , but beings they won't be charging my credit card until after they ship (and that may be several months) than I don't think it will happen .

20. Last year I got my 24-70 and 20-200 this way along with a couple of other smaller ticket items. Live.com deposited the money about 6-8 weeks later in my Paypal acct. I encourage everyone to take advantage of this cashback.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.