$3,000

Ok here is my great wonderful problem...hope you can help me.

Five years ago a friend borrowed money from me to get out of a divorce...the amount...$3,000. She went through a lot of problems, and at this point I thought I would never see my money again. I tried two years in a row to get it from her, but I chalked it up to a bad loss...you know the type "live and learn". Well I ran into her this past week, and she saw me before I saw her and she said "Hey Seneca..hey Seneca!!"...so I turned around because how many people do you know named Seneca? :confused: Well she hugged me and told me that she had moved out of town and came back and got her life together. She said she had tried to contact me a couple of times and to no avail since my number is not listed.

Well long story short...she said she wanted to finally pay me because it had been bothering her all these years. I was like "Whooohooo - pay day!" Well we exchanged phone numbers and she called me wanting to know the bank routing numbers and all that good stuff.

Tuesday morning, checked the bank balance and waaalaaa the money was there?

This is where you come in...would you buy camera stuff, or would you take a vacation? If shopping spree what would you buy? Give me ideas...I have this money burning a hole in my purse. I suppose I could just save it for a rainy day...right? Nahhhh spend baby spend.

vacation!! :biggrin:

my wife and i are going to an all-inclusive resort in our next vacation...perhaps you and mr. seneca can do something similar, or a cruise?

I would split it between camera gear and a nice vacation

Edit: the reason I didn't say invest it is because I'm already putting a substantial portion of my income into 401k and IRA each month

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
D700! :biggrin:
Or you could take me for a nice lunch :tongue:
:eek:Yikes if I bought another camera...my husband would be divorcing me. My Canon is brand new...and the D200...well that camera is just wonderful!

:eek:Yikes if I bought another camera...my husband would be divorcing me. My Canon is brand new...and the D200...well that camera is just wonderful!
Then go on vacation. A photography vacation. Or maybe even a photography destination workshop :smile:

Fine, buy my the D700 and call it a donation, tax write-off, whatever! :biggrin:

Seriously, what were you doing with that money when you loaned it to her? Where was it? In the bank? I'd put it back there (or actually invest it to make back what you lost on a three year, interest free loan!) and then if you want to spend it, go ahead! :smile:

Fine, buy my the D700 and call it a donation, tax write-off, whatever! :biggrin:

Seriously, what were you doing with that money when you loaned it to her? Where was it? In the bank? I'd put it back there (or actually invest it to make back what you lost on a three year, interest free loan!) and then if you want to spend it, go ahead! :smile:
Well true...it was in the bank...looking pretty...but pretty earning interest. :frown:

Actually I'm thinking 85mm 1.4 or 1.2? Hummm now the wheels in my head are turning. Takes a while at this age.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom