3..2..1..WE Have Lift Off.....Edit update

Of Space Shuttle Atlantis.
Friday June 8,2007..7:38 PM Friday

Fantastic shot, fantastic weather, fantastic company.
Robin, Nancy (flygirl) and her husband Patrick, Harry B and Mike Mac.
Wow what a shot.
We all had a great time..
Eat, drink, laugh, and chimp like heck:>))))
I guess somebody had to break the ice here.. Those chickens won't post till the first one is posted. lololol
OK guys and gals get those pics up here:>))))

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Boy things look so different on the net :mad:
Looks great in PS..Yes it is srgb

Last edited by a moderator:
Gale,

Very cool shot.. it gives me chillls.. which I am sure you had during the event.

Memorable for sure!

Gale, Gale, Gale, Gale, Gale, Gale... *shakes head*
Only ONE photo????

The Launch.
After 18 years in Tampa, I finally made the drive to see the launch. I told myself I'd do it this time, come hell or high water. Well, the drive over was hell and high water, and some hail, funnel clouds, traffic jams, etc. The shuttle, according to the radio, was three miles up and going 3,000 mph before the sound reached us on the other side of the intracoastal. 2.25 hour drive there, 2 minute launch, 2.5 hours home, and worth every second.

This shot was taken at 80mph on the way out with my head hanging out the window upside down, about 45 minutes after the launch. I'm thinking it's the vapor trail. (Winds were to the south and west and that's where I was.)

Hey Gale,

Wonderful image! Lets see the others!
And I had a great time too! Was fun to meet Nancy and Patrick.
I just checked out her website, some teriffic images there!!!! (wonderful work, Nancy!)

I spent the morning processing and posting, I'll add mine here too!

Robin

Nice pictures. Too bad one can't hear the sound to the pictures. That must be very impressive.
The sound coming across the water was extraordinarily cool. Water conducts sound so well. This might not make sense, but standing there, it was like I could see the sound come across, a giant invisible thing. There were just as many oh's and ah's when the sound hit us as there were when the shuttle lifted off.

Absolutely wonderful!! Way to go girl. You and Robin have some great stuff. Not so happy with mine, ok, but you two have the benchmarks!!

Nancy

Thanks a million folks
This was a spectacular day

I have alot of processig to do.
Will get some more up by tomorrow:))))

I am still tired. Had a long day starting out at 6:30 AM. Met Harry and Mike for a bit of a shoot in Viera

Ran to work by 10:00 AM and then to the site to shoot shuttle and get a good seat, so to speak:>))))

Got home at 10:30 PM. I stayed after the others left so I would not have to battle traffic.
Smoothe ride home:>)))

Where we were shooting someone put on heck of a fireworks show after all had left.
So what a great day

Great folks and lots of fun

Hi Mason..
Yes same set up
Thanks

Look foward to seeing you.
Aug and Oct will launch again is all goes well

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom