3 College Senior Grad. Announcement Sessions

These were my first, second and third portrait sessions I've ever done. I'm a sports photographer (motocross in particular) by trade, this was definitely fun and different.
All were shot with the 70-200 VR on the D700, with a remote SB-700 with a GaryFong on it for fill light.

What do you guys think???

#1, Sarah

i-DG5JbpG-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-hXrfjJL-L.jpg

i-ZXZKDtd-L.jpg

i-D9qVZ2D-L.jpg

#2, Jason (Forestry Major)
i-jS4mNvK-L.jpg

i-Fd4R7St-L.jpg

i-McqwJPF-L.jpg

i-XZSRm4x-L.jpg

#3, Melissa
i-DLxSBDs-L.jpg

i-LVPBR7h-L.jpg

i-CFxBPFw-L.jpg

i-qgk6dbx-L.jpg

Max, these are great. #11 is the huge winner for me.

Some of these are a little blown out on my monitor. #1, 4, and 6 should stand to be toned down just a bit, but man. Great shots overall!

Thanks Mike, they don't compare to your stuff!

I was definitely going for that bright over-exposed look on a lot of these, and I know that is a fine line to dance on.
Honestly after taking a second look at the shots you indicated, I'm still happy with the outcome. Would be interested to see if there was a significant difference in our monitors, you can mail me yours whenever you'd like ;)

the first set looks a liiiiiittle bit green to me, and #9 looks a bit too pink. Some hotspots as mike noted, but otherwise these are very nice!

Thanks Mike, they don't compare to your stuff!

I was definitely going for that bright over-exposed look on a lot of these, and I know that is a fine line to dance on.
Honestly after taking a second look at the shots you indicated, I'm still happy with the outcome. Would be interested to see if there was a significant difference in our monitors, you can mail me yours whenever you'd like ;)

You're nuts, dude. Haha. I just take pictures.

As for the bright, airy and ethereal look, I find back lighting really helps with that to give a sense of weightlessness to the pictures. I don't know if I described that right, but that's what came out of my brain, into my fingers, and onto the Cafe.

My monitor is calibrated, but not as well as my home workstation monitor. So, take my critiques with a grain of salt. :cool:

Nice shots. After reading the critiques, I can see a little bit of these things on my iPad. Not sure how great they are compared to a calibrated monitor.

I like how you took the time to note that the 2nd set was a forestry major, could have been interesting lol.

These were my first, second and third portrait sessions I've ever done. I'm a sports photographer (motocross in particular) by trade, this was definitely fun and different.
All were shot with the 70-200 VR on the D700, with a remote SB-700 with a GaryFong on it for fill light.

What do you guys think???

Nice work.. Numbers 8, 9, 11 for me.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom