3 in 1 Camera strap! just a hint.

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by misupix, Jun 22, 2005.

1. When purchasing Photo gear, I often find something not function like I thought and end up tinkering around till it fits my needs.

Now, having a little time at hand, I thought I could share my little gathered experiences about photo-gear.

After some serious trials and errors trying out camera straps, I recently found a decent solution.

It might be interesting for you, too.

I purchased a OP-Tech Pro Strap with the standard webbing connector
    and two additional Pro Loop Connectors.

These Pro Loop Connectors are great because they hang nicely from the Camera instead of staying up in a annoying way. (Everyone with the original D70 Strap may know what I mean :wink:)

One Loop Connector in mounted on my D70 (here with the Strap attached):

The second Loop-strap stays on the foot of the 70-200 VR, to connect it when carrying this lens:

The strap can be connected and disconnected very fast from one Set to the other.

I used the plugs from the webbing connector to fit them on the D70 Nikon Strap, so I now have 2 Straps to be connected to the camera or the lens.

This way I can carry my D70 with the OP-Tech Strap around may neck, and at the same time the 70-200 VR hanging with the Nikon Strap on my shoulder, for fast Lens change.

But the best thing is:
    the plugs of the Pro Loop Connectors can be plugged into each other to form a very short "handle" for the Camera.

Which can easily be transformed into a wrist strap, for secure holding the Camera without the Neck-Strap: (might be hard to see)

BTW sorry about the picture quality ,my second Camera had to do the job ! :wink:

2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

That a good solution and you illustrated it well - thanks.

3. papa85

papa85 Guest

Good thinking. Question how secure are the connectors on the opitech strap. I have a D2H with large lens, would it hold the extra weight :?:

4. They also make a Strap for Profesionals to carry two cameras at once, it uses the same connectors, and the same plugs are also used for medium format cameras.

5. Have been using this technique for about a year or so. Works like a charm.

6. JordanLFW

JordanLFW Guest

plus that stock nikon strap just looks SO...rookie-ish :wink:

7. Ron H

Ron H

Jul 5, 2005
    Phoenix
    It works very well as a wrist strap. I have a Promaster contour strap that unhooks and leaves the two short ends attached to the camera. The two short ends hook together to form a comfortable wrist strap. I didn't know it would do that when I bought it, but I use it like that all the time now.