1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

3 IR photos from California

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Chris101, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    A flock of pelicans:
    [​IMG]

James:
    [​IMG]

Sunset:
    [​IMG]

HIE, 50mm f/1.4 Zuiko, D76 Shot and developed last summer, scanned today.

2. I love #1...looks like a flock of teradactiles!!!:biggrin:
    What ISO do you expose your HIE at? With my Canon A1 (which is what I normally shoot IR with) I've had to move all the way up to ISO1600 and shoot the meter in bright California sunlight (Hoya R72). I guess I could shave time off the development end, but shooting at 1/125 gives me a bit more freedom from the tripod. I found 5 rolls in Santa Fe a few months ago in a camera shop with '09 expiration for $15 each.:smile:

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Tim. Well, I guess they ARE related! :eek: 

I generally set my meter to 500 when I shoot HIE. But then I live in Arizona, so there might be more IR in the air here... I generally use a #25 filter with it. The 5 rolls (of unexpired!) in Santa Fe is a good find! I have found that the film will last forever if refrigerated. I've never tried freezing it though. If/when you shoot any of it, be sure and share here!

4. Chris,

I have never shot any HIE or IR for that matter. The effect on the pelicans is cool, but the last photo has so much 'atmosphere'. I quite like it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.