3 more from IR hack

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by cwilt, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Your little P&S camera is doing great Charles. Well done.

2. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Gordon. This was a test to see how I liked using a P&S for IR work. Next I will buy a much better one and convert it to full spectrum. Hopefully I will be able to use it for UV work as well.

3. I am missing something here. IR Hack?? P&S? was there another thread that I missed?
    These are very clean and detailed, sharp images Charles.

4. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I posted a few other samples but never really broke it down to what I did.

Basicly I took an old Olympus point and shoot that I had and converted it to IR only. Removed the factory glass filter and cut a CC10 gel filter replacement which is needed for focusing. Next I cut to fit a Lee 87C poly filter to fit as well. Put it back together for a live preview IR camera. Its only 3.3mp but it seems to do well even though the pieces I put in are not ideal for this. I may push this further by removing the internal 87c and finding a way to attach filters to the front so I can use it for UV too. Should only need to glue on a screw on filter ring adapter to make that change.

Live preview with manual focusing for IR seems to work well. Thats the main reason I will probably use a better P&S for IR work, instead of a dSLR.

5. very interesting!

6. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    This all started because I had an idea for a shot. Something I have not seen done yet. My D70 died during the IR surgery and Iliah suggested that I get to know the insides of a camera as well.

I then remembered having the P&S and did this over night. It was a long night. :wink:

7. Cabrams

Cabrams Guest

love the first and third

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice pics

9. BassGod

BassGod Guest

oooh ... the narrow DoF on the first does it for me. Very nice.