3 more from IR hack

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks Gordon. This was a test to see how I liked using a P&S for IR work. Next I will buy a much better one and convert it to full spectrum. Hopefully I will be able to use it for UV work as well.

I am missing something here. IR Hack?? P&S? was there another thread that I missed?
These are very clean and detailed, sharp images Charles.

I am missing something here. IR Hack?? P&S? was there another thread that I missed?
These are very clean and detailed, sharp images Charles.
I posted a few other samples but never really broke it down to what I did.

Basicly I took an old Olympus point and shoot that I had and converted it to IR only. Removed the factory glass filter and cut a CC10 gel filter replacement which is needed for focusing. Next I cut to fit a Lee 87C poly filter to fit as well. Put it back together for a live preview IR camera. Its only 3.3mp but it seems to do well even though the pieces I put in are not ideal for this. I may push this further by removing the internal 87c and finding a way to attach filters to the front so I can use it for UV too. Should only need to glue on a screw on filter ring adapter to make that change.

Live preview with manual focusing for IR seems to work well. Thats the main reason I will probably use a better P&S for IR work, instead of a dSLR.

This all started because I had an idea for a shot. Something I have not seen done yet. My D70 died during the IR surgery and Iliah suggested that I get to know the insides of a camera as well.

I then remembered having the P&S and did this over night. It was a long night. :wink:

B

BassGod

oooh ... the narrow DoF on the first does it for me. Very nice.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom