3 new edits of Melissa

Discussion in 'People' started by Steve S, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Critiques & Comments appreciated! fyi, no skin softening used this time.

Look, an actual prop! :rolleyes:

I reworked this one based on previous comments:
  2. The third one is my favorite. I also like number 2.
  3. These are all very nice. My favorite is the first one because of the way that wisp hair is creating movement. I think I'd like the last one just a bit more if the camera angle wasn't coming in from above.

But that's just me... these are really well processed.
  4. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    Well Steve I tried really hard to find something to say to *help* you, but what is there to constructively critique? These are stunningly beautiful. The first is my favorite of the series and is just perfect, but the second is also excellent and makes me think of the quite morning time during a summer vacation at the beach; a feeling that is always nice to have evoked! The reworked areas on the third shot are much improved and that image now is as good as it deserves to be.

The only thing I don't like has nothing to do with you.....I'm just not a fan of the modern, squared off French manicure, but there I am just showing my age and lack of hipness I guess. And really that is almost like pointing out a small mole on the Venis de Milo's back.

She is a stunning young lady and you have captured her perfectly IMO. Some day her kids will look at these photo's and say..."Man! Mom was a FOX!"
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2007
  5. +1, I'm with Stuart !
    Fabulous shots. Simple yellow outfit with her tan is very complimentary.
    #1 my fav. very alluring look.
    How a couple without the braided hair? for something different??
    Fine work my friend.
  6. All very nice. The composition on #1 is particularly nice.

I'm suprised that Woody missed the twisted strap, though ;)
  7. frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    I think these are all great, but #1 is just superb. Melissa sure has the natural beauty thing going on, and it seems she is very comfortable with you shooting her.
  8. Igor

May 15, 2005
    Ukraine, Europe
    All three excellent Steve, beautiful model!
  9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Greg!

Thanks Woody, that wisp of hair really does seem to make that shot, doesn't it? Now if there only weren't about 1/2 dozen single strands of hair I had to remove!

Thanks Stu, we had a talk about those nails, believe me. She likes em, I don't, and that's where it's gonna end!

Thanks spudsbud, she just came back from a 1 wk cruise in which she doubtlessly layed out in the sun most of the day, and sorry, we didn't shoot any with different hair.

Oh, I'll wager he saw the strap, but I didn't til now!

It's funny how much more comfortable shoots gets after you've worked with a model a time or 2.

Thank you Igor, I'm gonna miss my opportunities to shoot with her when I return home in Indiana for the warm months in 1.5 wks!

Here's one more from the shoot, taken 1/2 hr before sunset. It a little backfocussed.